Specs:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz Dual core
    Memory:4GB Corsair DDR2
    Hard Drive:620 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital
    Video Card: EVGA Geforce 8800GT
    Speakers/Headphones: Logitech 7.1 surround sound Speakers
    Keyboard: Standard dell - i'm afraid of change :P
    Mouse: Logitech MX160
    Mouse Surface: This national geographic mousepad with a tiger on it. Makes me feel tough.
    Operating System: Windows Vista SP1 64x
    Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro Intel p45 ATX
    Computer Case: Antec 900

Re: My new rig! [Pics]

Looks pretty sweet! How's it running so far?
    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
    -- Red Forman

Comment

Awesome! No problems at all, runs great. I had some CPU overheating problems, but it was caused by the crappy intel heatsink not being seated properly. Getting that thing on is a nightmare - it's so much easier with screws.

Comment

Looks good. Nice build.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Nice a comparable to mines but shinier :)

Did you have a tough time routing the cables under the motherboard tray?
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by pwn3ge106 View Post
            Awesome! No problems at all, runs great. I had some CPU overheating problems, but it was caused by the crappy intel heatsink not being seated properly. Getting that thing on is a nightmare - it's so much easier with screws.
            I had the same issues with my processor overheating with the stock crappy heatsink. I bought a cheap heatsink by Masscool I believe and it is working really good. I had even OC'ed for a while to 3.6Ghz and it was still staying cool. I since went back to the stock 3.0Ghz of the E8400 cause I really didn't see to much of a difference and didn't want to chance OC'ing anymore. The Masscool heatsink screwed on and was only about $16 when I had bought mine, you still have to be careful cause the screws will still strip really easy, I did that but newegg was kind enough to replace it for me.

Get some Artic Silver while you are at it.

I imagine you already replaced the heatsink though and if so what kind did you get?

Comment

No i used the same kind, just got some artic silver and applied it and works like a charm.

Comment

Does Intel still use that push-pin type mechanism to hold down the HSF?
                "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                -- Red Forman

Comment

Yeah damn push pins :(

Comment

Originally posted by RedForman View Post
                    Does Intel still use that push-pin type mechanism to hold down the HSF?
                    I HATE those pins!

Nice rig - but DUDE! Steady that cam! :D
                    sigpic

Comment

That case is an Antec 900 right? Im thinking about buying the same.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                      The BigC

Comment

Trick with the push pins: Ignore the spin crap, just seat them correctly and push straight down with a flat-head until you hear them click into place. Do them like a tire, do one corner, then the diagonal of that corner second. Set the mobo on a piece of cardboard so you have the give required without risking damage to the board.

I assembled 11 of the things Friday. Much fun was had by all.

Nice Rig, puts mine to shame :)
                        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X