2GB (2x1GB) Corsair DHX DDR2-800 Memory $10 After $40 MIR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair DHX DDR2-800 Memory $10 After $40 MIR

Deal from newegg and it just blows my mind. Makes me wish I had more room on my motherboard for more memory :row__590:

2GB (2x1GB) Corsair DHX DDR2-800 PC2-6400 4-4-4-12 Desktop Memory $10 After $40 MIR

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair DHX DDR2-800 Memory $10 After $40 MIR

Oh come on...

If I got a dremel and started cutting some stuff off it, think I could convince it to work with my s939? One can dream, can't they?

Comment

Holy crap...$10.

Meh, should have bought that instead of a 1 GB Kingston to upgrade my mom's computer. Too bad it already shipped.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Another killer deal from newegg:

ASUS P5Q Pro Intel P45 Socket 775 ATX Intel Motherboard + OCZ 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 Desktop Memory $86 After $40 Rebate

Wow, that is crazy cheap!!! The motherboard is usually about $130 or more by itself.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
          Another killer deal from newegg:

ASUS P5Q Pro Intel P45 Socket 775 ATX Intel Motherboard + OCZ 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 Desktop Memory $86 After $40 Rebate

Wow, that is crazy cheap!!! The motherboard is usually about $130 or more by itself.
          I clicked on the links at Slickdeals and don't see how one gets the mobo+memory. Going to the mobo page shows me its price (without memory) as $99 after $25+$15 rebates. Still looks like a nice board, though.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

You have to click on the combo deals link. But when you go to slick deals and you click on newegg, it takes you right to the page;
            http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Sh...mit=ChangeItem

So total is $125, then $40 in mail in rebates.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the mobo and memory. Now to start working on picking out a CPU....

Any sign of a good deal on the OS? Looks like Newegg has Vista 64 Ultimate OEM for about $190.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

The only way I know to get a deal on vista is through one of the combo deals on newegg. You can usually save an extra like $10 off or so.

EDIT:

Wow, actually the e8400 is down to $164 and they have a really good deal if you get Vista ultimate at the same time
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Size=10&Page=2

Save $10 plus an extra $50 rebate

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

How does the E8400 compare to other Core 2s?

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                    How does the E8400 compare to other Core 2s?
                    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/charts...hmarks,31.html

Comment

Ah, thanks. And it looks like I probably want the E8 series, the extremes are out of my budget. Looking at Newegg prices:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...d&Order=PRICED

It looks like for $25 more I can get the E8500 at $190. The E8600 price is a bit more prohibitive at $270.

Comment

Some nice links showing heatsink installation:

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/rese...eng/299985.htm
                        http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/rese...eng/299984.htm

Right now I'm leaning towards the E8500. The matching Vista combo deal is $310.

Comment

:( That memory is such a good price...I paid about 80 for my memory when I built my PC a couple of months ago. *sigh* Time to add yet another thing to my list to buy.
                          "What if he has a pointed stick?"

Comment

I'm now posting from my system with the $85 deal, plus an E8500 and Vista 64 Ultimate on another combo offer. Parts list:

I found the case my brother gave me wouldn't work, so I went to Fry's and got a Raidmax Sirius in black with a 500W supply for $90. Very nice case. Very light, yet rugged. Went together pretty smoothly and powered up on the first try. (Ie. the "smoke test" was successful. ;)) The only hitch was that I tried to install the floppy from the inside and the faceplate interfered with the chassis, almost damaging it. (I was thinking it was a flush mount and the bezel was small enough to fit through.) So I almost screwed up the bezel before pulling it out and sliding it in from the front. There was a little misalignment of the outer case and drive bay so the fit was tight from that as well.

The USB connector on the floppy/Flash drive had no keying so I had to be careful and match it up with the pinout in the mobo manual.

My worst almost-oops was the 12v aux cables from the PSU. There were 2, a 6-pin and 4-pin, and they're wired reverse from each other. I thought the 6 was intended for the mobo but it's the PCI-e cable for the video card, and the 4-pin was for the mobo. That would have been nasty had I gotten them backwards. The mobo has an 8-pin socket, with a cover over half the socket. I'm guessing some of the PSUs now offer an 8-pin cord to provide more copper to the mobo.

When assembling the system, I completely assembled the CPU, factory cooler, and memory to the mobo. (Did that at the office where I could use an anti-static mat and latex gloves.) I put the drives in the case first, then put the mobo in.

Comment

Anyone got this RAM?
                              |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...