What is aDAq5AU2.exe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is aDAq5AU2.exe?

Ok, here's my story; I went to a site and downloaded something I wasn't supposed to. I got a virus but I got rid of it quickly enough so it wouldn't do too much damage, but now I get a message every hour telling me that the aDAq5AU2.exe process stopped working. Is it related to the virus or is it a Windows Vista service because I can't find anything about it.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Re: What is aDAq5AU2.exe?

I also could not find anything about it. Tried everything I knew even Google didn't show anything.
    I am sure it is not a Vista process cause if it was I am sure Google would have brought something up on it. Only suggestions I would have is try multiple FREE AV scanners online to get rid of it if it may be any trace from the virus. Maybe try spyware/adware scanner as well.

Comment

I did that already, I'm thinking it is remnants of the virus but since I got rid of it, it can't operate. Now I need to figure out how to get rid of it completely.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Sounds like a virus if a search for the executable name doesn't bring up any results. Check task manager before the process stops working for the executable. You can right-click on it and open the file's location. Now you can stop the process and delete the file.

Do you remember what the virus was called?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'm looking at my Virus Vault, it says Trojan horse Downloader.Generic8.CIH.

EDIT:Ok, it's about that time for it to appear, I'm watching my Task Manager.

Double EDIT: I found it's file location and scanned it with AVG, it's not a threat. I'm thinking otherwise. I deleted it, I'll post any updates on this problem.
          Last edited by Mech__Warrior; 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

don't forget to use windows defender software explorer to hunt down any startup services or programs that might be allowing this to run and run CCleaner.

- -

Comment

I got rid of it the way I described above.. I think I should send it to Microsoft or someplace to examine it.

Comment

I see you already solved it but my first stop with trojans is always SmitFraudFix. My all-time favorite trojan killer.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X