PCI latency tweak utility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI latency tweak utility

Has anyone tried this utility? There is some discussion of good results with this on different flight sim forums.

Guru3D linkUtility to set PCI Latency and possibly prevent game stutter or improve FPS

This tweak is an important one, and one well worth checking into. Apparently, newer high-end video cards hog PCI latency for no known reason. This makes other components wait for access and causes stutters and thus lower frame rates. If you adjust the latency this might benefit you, users are reporting big improvements.
    You can download this small utility program that allows you set your PCI latency. Adjust the PCI latency from for example 248 to 64, and there's a very good chance of stutter free performance & sound.
    New to TG?

Re: PCI latency tweak utility

can this harm your PC in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
      can this harm your PC in any way?
      Well, it could cause your transmorgifier to overheat and if it actually explodes you'll know. If you've ever seen videos where computers actually physically blow up, it's because of tweaks like this one. Regular overclocking is much less likely to disturb the temperature of your transmorgifier... :icon22:
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        Well, it could cause your transmorgifier to overheat and if it actually explodes you'll know. If you've ever seen videos where computers actually physically blow up, it's because of tweaks like this one. Regular overclocking is much less likely to disturb the temperature of your transmorgifier... :icon22:
        Is that a Zork reference? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage
          Is that a Zork reference? :)
          No, sir
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Hmmmmm
            My transmorgifier has overheating protection... so I should be safe.

Sounds interesting.
            I'm a Guru regular but I hadn't read about this yet. Very large and fast moving forums over there.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...