Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Creation Software

What are some good programs?

I know about Dreamweaver, CoffeeCup, and some others. I used HomeSite5 before Adobe took it over. Looking for a new solution. I'll be developing on Vista64.

Thanks!

Re: Website Creation Software

I'm still using Dreamweaver CS3 on Vista64. I have a old edition of HomeSite5, but never really put it to good use since I tend to write the markup and code by hand and preview everything in a browser.

What are you looking for in a web authoring tool? Do you know any markup/coding? Do you want to FTP the files yourself or have the program do it for you?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've played around with Amaya.
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

notepad
        htmlkit
        expressionsweb
        fireworks
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Emacs. :D
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            Emacs. :D
            Textpad > Emacs. :p
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
              Textpad > Emacs. :p
              Is there a console version that runs on Linux? My host is running Red Hat and I PuTTY in (ie. ssh) to sometimes tweak things.

At least you didn't suggest vi. Then we'd be meeting at dawn with pistols. :p

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                Is there a console version that runs on Linux? My host is running Red Hat and I PuTTY in (ie. ssh) to sometimes tweak things.

At least you didn't suggest vi. Then we'd be meeting at dawn with pistols. :p
                Phew. That was going to be my first suggestion but then I remembered how much I loved using Emacs. :)

Err hmm, don't think there's a console version. I'll have to check.

Right now I use it for programming due to syntax highlighting and the minor webpage edit (for the same reason).

Edit: That's a negative. Doesn't look like there is a console version. It seems to have started life as a advanced Notepad for Windows and has stayed a Windows app.

I guess Emacs is > Textpad for the fact that it's usable in a console environment?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

That, and it's portable across a huge variety of platforms. In fact, it started on a machine with a 36-bit word size. Try porting anything to one of those!

Comment

I wonder if there's a Emacs for Windows...

Edit: Oh yay! Happy day! Emacs 2.3.11 has support for all versions of Windows (minus 3.0 and 3.1). Now I can hold off on using the rig upstairs as a Linux machine. :)

Global.Cooling,

Did you find a software suite that works for you yet?
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X