recording program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording program

anyone know a free program that lets you record sounds off the internet? I wanted to be able to record some quotes and stuff off youtube and some other sites... just the sounds to send to some people.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: recording program

checkout audacity
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Audacity is a fairly basic but still good editor.

To grab stuff from Youtube I recommend a Firefox plugin called DownloadHelper. Now it even converts the FLV files to another format, if you wish. In your case I'm sure you'll want something to convert FLV to WAV or MP3 but you'll have to get something else because only the registered version of the converter will output MP3.

I use WinFF to convert the FLV to something else, including WAV or MP3: http://code.google.com/p/winff/

Comment

use audacity

plug in a 1/8" to 1/8" cable from your headphone jack to your mic jack.

hit record.

works for anything your speakers output.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Cool, I'm trying audacity, but what recordings I've made so far are pretty low quality so far.
          "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

well if your recording off the internet, especially youtube, its most likely highly compressed audio and that is most likely the source of the poor quality.
            Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

also depends on how you are saving the file... Wav is best, but you can get a really good mp3 with the lame codec.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X