• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI releases Catalyst 8.11 WHQL

Thought all you lucky folks with a 48** might want to know this:

ATI releases Catalyst 8.11 WHQL

More Far Cry 2 performance improvements

ATI has launched a new driver version which brings an additional performance boost for Far Cry 2 and Stalker: Clear Sky as well as some additional features in the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

The new driver version should support all cards from Radeon 9500 days and comes with some new features like ATI CrossfireX enhancements which enables users to verify whether a DirectX or Open GL application is using ATI CrossfireX and shows a logo on screen when the application is running.

ATI driver chaps also decided to include HydraVision support for Windows XP with this new version as well as new display enhancements which bring support for display scaling for devices with support for TV timings via digital or analog output.

The performance improvements include gains in Ubisoft's Far Cry 2 of 3 to 10 percent in Single card mode or 8 to 14 percent in Crossfire mode. These gains are mostly visible on the HD 4000 and HD 3000 series graphics cards. The STALKER: Clear Sky got a decent boost of 6 to 18 percent in single card mode and 10 to 30 in Crossfire mode. Same as with the Far Cry 2 game these boosts are reserved mostly for the HD 3000 and HD 4000 series.

You can download the new Catalyst 8.11 here.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: ATI releases Catalyst 8.11 WHQL

I never upgraded last time cuz people were talking about "problems"..

My system is uber stable at the moment, so I hate to go messing with a good thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
      Thought all you lucky folks with a 48** might want to know this:

ATI releases Catalyst 8.11 WHQL
      Tempting, this. I went through a buttload of trouble trying to install the 8.10 release though... took two days to sort back out.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Now you are making me extra scared PF..! What in the world could be "hard" about installing drivers..it "should" be the easiest thing there is..but if you had a hard time, then I am waiting till my stuff completely craps out to mess with..:(

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Bamboo. I will have to see how this does in ArmA. Shame I just finished FarCry 2 and currently want to stay far far away from its MP :icon_lol:

Comment

Thanks Bamboo. I installed them on my 4870 and Vista 64bit, no problems with that. Trying a game or two now, i'll report back if i see anything weird.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
              Now you are making me extra scared PF..! What in the world could be "hard" about installing drivers..it "should" be the easiest thing there is..but if you had a hard time, then I am waiting till my stuff completely craps out to mess with..:(
              I agree. It SHOULD be easy.
              Something went wonky. I have matching 4850s. The driver would report installed for one, not installed for the other, and nothing would ever catch correctly. Only sheer providence got me back to stability.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I haven't even installed the 8.10 yet ill wait a little for some feedback.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

I'll install it when I get home on Sunday. I don't have a problem except for I believe it was 8.7 (or 8.8) which presented a lot of display corruption in Warhammer.

Otherwise everything is dandy and I'm not afraid to try the new driver on the 4870 for BF2, 2142, and CoD4 (and 5...). Though it's a shame I don't have any of those games that acquire the performance increase, nor do I plan on acquiring them.
                  "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                  Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

The new driver works fine for me on a 4870x2. I was just playing COD:WaW and everything ran perfect.

Comment

Thanks for that JM..I might go ahead and give it a go this weekend..you run 64-bit Ultimate don't you?

Comment

Yes I do Birdie.

Comment

Cool..thanks brutha man! :)

Comment

Works on HD3870 in crossfire.In vista.
                            I'll do my xp os later this week.
                            Gotta love the dual boot.

Comment

I've played this weekend. Works fine on PR and CoD:WaW so far.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X