• Show
Clear All

• Bamboo
    started a topic ATI releases Catalyst 8.11 WHQL

ATI releases Catalyst 8.11 WHQL

Thought all you lucky folks with a 48** might want to know this:

ATI releases Catalyst 8.11 WHQL

More Far Cry 2 performance improvements

ATI has launched a new driver version which brings an additional performance boost for Far Cry 2 and Stalker: Clear Sky as well as some additional features in the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

The new driver version should support all cards from Radeon 9500 days and comes with some new features like ATI CrossfireX enhancements which enables users to verify whether a DirectX or Open GL application is using ATI CrossfireX and shows a logo on screen when the application is running.

ATI driver chaps also decided to include HydraVision support for Windows XP with this new version as well as new display enhancements which bring support for display scaling for devices with support for TV timings via digital or analog output.

The performance improvements include gains in Ubisoft's Far Cry 2 of 3 to 10 percent in Single card mode or 8 to 14 percent in Crossfire mode. These gains are mostly visible on the HD 4000 and HD 3000 series graphics cards. The STALKER: Clear Sky got a decent boost of 6 to 18 percent in single card mode and 10 to 30 in Crossfire mode. Same as with the Far Cry 2 game these boosts are reserved mostly for the HD 3000 and HD 4000 series.

You can download the new Catalyst 8.11 here.

• Pokerface
    replied
    Re: ATI releases Catalyst 8.11 WHQL

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    cool - did you do the catalyst control center (~38MB) or just the drivers (~10MB).
    I TRIED the whole package, but for whatever reason, only the drivers took. I installed CCC separately after everything came back to life correctly.

I'd suggest drivers, then CCC, based on how that ended up playing out, but YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeySix
    replied

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
    What finally seemed to do it for me was to (in this order)
    -Uninstall everything in any way I could think of (Installer package, device manager)
    -Boot up and let the standard VGA drive install.
    -Uninstall THAT.
    -Install 8.11 drivers.

Having two cards, I also found that the order of uninstalling mattered. I had to choose the bottom card in Device Manager first; it wouldn't boot correctly otherwise.
    cool - did you do the catalyst control center (~38MB) or just the drivers (~10MB).

Leave a comment:

• Pokerface
    replied

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    crap.. not workin for me....

/me boots to safe mode 0_o
    What finally seemed to do it for me was to (in this order)
    -Uninstall everything in any way I could think of (Installer package, device manager)
    -Boot up and let the standard VGA drive install.
    -Uninstall THAT.
    -Install 8.11 drivers.

Having two cards, I also found that the order of uninstalling mattered. I had to choose the bottom card in Device Manager first; it wouldn't boot correctly otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeySix
    replied

crap.. not workin for me....

/me boots to safe mode 0_o

Leave a comment:

• Pokerface
    replied

It took three days, but I finally got it stable.

Leave a comment:

• Superfast
    replied

I've played this weekend. Works fine on PR and CoD:WaW so far.

Leave a comment:

• jOHNNYdOUBE
    replied

Works on HD3870 in crossfire.In vista.
    I'll do my xp os later this week.
    Gotta love the dual boot.

Leave a comment:

• birdie_in_Texas
    replied

Cool..thanks brutha man! :)

Leave a comment:

• jmaker
    replied

Yes I do Birdie.

Leave a comment:

• birdie_in_Texas
    replied

Thanks for that JM..I might go ahead and give it a go this weekend..you run 64-bit Ultimate don't you?

Leave a comment:

• jmaker
    replied

The new driver works fine for me on a 4870x2. I was just playing COD:WaW and everything ran perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Spulat
    replied

I'll install it when I get home on Sunday. I don't have a problem except for I believe it was 8.7 (or 8.8) which presented a lot of display corruption in Warhammer.

Otherwise everything is dandy and I'm not afraid to try the new driver on the 4870 for BF2, 2142, and CoD4 (and 5...). Though it's a shame I don't have any of those games that acquire the performance increase, nor do I plan on acquiring them.

Leave a comment:

• Extinct
    replied

I haven't even installed the 8.10 yet ill wait a little for some feedback.

Leave a comment:

• Pokerface
    replied

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
    Now you are making me extra scared PF..! What in the world could be "hard" about installing drivers..it "should" be the easiest thing there is..but if you had a hard time, then I am waiting till my stuff completely craps out to mess with..:(
    I agree. It SHOULD be easy.
    Something went wonky. I have matching 4850s. The driver would report installed for one, not installed for the other, and nothing would ever catch correctly. Only sheer providence got me back to stability.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X