X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackBerry Storm vs. Apple iPhone

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...s-pro-and-con/

Personally, I'm getting a Storm.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: BlackBerry Storm vs. Apple iPhone

No flash on storm is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
      :(
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I love my iPhone.. we will see where the chips fall in the next 2 years, as my contract just got extended.. Personally, I think iPhone will retain market share, and therefore the best Applications. I do acknowledge the Browser is "Quirky" and this can be upsetting, and the lack of a cut and paste feature is a pain in the ass, even if there is a workaround, the iPhone could be improved and I hope this BB will light a fire under apple to improve a product that I love inspite of its flaws.

Explain this to my Dumb a$$.. Flash.. Que?!

Comment

Flash player, meaning you can't watch youtube or....."other" videos!

Comment

Oh, what a no brainer.. Without that why would you bother with a BB?

One thing that does bother me is when someone links a youtube video on the forums, I cannot click and launch straight into youtube, I have to make note of the video name, and then exit the Browser, go to Youtube and then search for the video refrenced in the forums, it seems to me they could simply redirect me when I click on the link..

Perhaps later they will write a solution for this.

Comment

I saw some of the demos on the Storm, and they were on YouTube? And by "other" videos, I'm assuming you mean videos that aren't kid-tested. No thanks. Personally though, the BlackBerry just has more organization tools. The iPhone seems like it's just for fun and stuff. I haven't really seen any kind of business tools. BlackBerry also has tangible feedback when you press a button.

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Well, i currently have a BB, and don't get me wrong, i love it, but the lack of flash player is its downfall. However, it has great apps.

Pancho, it should launch straight in, because the ipod touch does, when you get a youtube link, hit it and it goes straight there!

Comment

The iPhone doesn't have Flash either. The YouTube app views specially encoded videos just for the iPhone. Try loading up Flash videos from websites and you get nothing.

A BB is definitely a tool for somebody that wants productivity. The iPhone is a good device for fun and the interface is intuitive.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Well, i currently have a BB, and don't get me wrong, i love it, but the lack of flash player is its downfall. However, it has great apps.

Pancho, it should launch straight in, because the ipod touch does, when you get a youtube link, hit it and it goes straight there!
                    Not for me :(

Comment

Agreed. I'm getting this BB simply because of the fact that it can be used as an extremely valuable business tool, and it has some cool, fun stuff on the side. Alongside with the phone, internet, etc.

Comment

BB for me if I do get one of them fancy cellular telegraphs.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                          Oh, what a no brainer.. Without that why would you bother with a BB?

One thing that does bother me is when someone links a youtube video on the forums, I cannot click and launch straight into youtube, I have to make note of the video name, and then exit the Browser, go to Youtube and then search for the video refrenced in the forums, it seems to me they could simply redirect me when I click on the link..

Perhaps later they will write a solution for this.
                          What? On my iPhone I just click on the Youtube video and the iPhone opens the Youtube player and plays the video. When it's done I hit "done" and it takes me back to the page in Safari.
                          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                            I saw some of the demos on the Storm, and they were on YouTube? And by "other" videos, I'm assuming you mean videos that aren't kid-tested. No thanks. Personally though, the BlackBerry just has more organization tools. The iPhone seems like it's just for fun and stuff. I haven't really seen any kind of business tools.
                            Quantify "organization tools." The iPhone has thousands of Apps, and some very handy free business apps like Bloomburg. I think e*Trade has an app or is working on one; you can read excel, word, and PDF documents. There are dozens of time management applications (to do lists), as well as a very good built in calendar that syncs with Exchange. Push email that is exchange compatible. Push support in applications is expected in the 2.3 update along with copy-pasta. Great mobile weather apps that beat the socks off of my BB applications including Aviation quality weather apps... I've used the best grocery shopping list application ever as well. It sorts my groceries by aisle and store...

There's also awesome social applications (facebook, myspace, loopt), image applications, Pandora and Yahoo radio (very awesome) and even more goodies if you Jailbreak the phone and download the rogue "App Stores" Cydia and Installer. Not to mention it is the best mobile gaming platform hands down (Quake anyone? Why, yes).

Rumor has it that Adobe is working on flash, and if you're concerned about lack of adult flash sites, don't be; there are at least a dozen free sites that cater to the h.264 format for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
                            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Fair enough, Rincy. Both have their pros and their cons though, so it really just depends on preferences I guess.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X