TS "push to talk" and Logitech joystick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS "push to talk" and Logitech joystick

Does anyone know how to set a button on a Logitech Freedom 2.4 joystick to be used as the "push to talk" button with teamspeak? I've heard there's a way...maybe through the Logitech profiler...but I can't figure it out.

Re: TS "push to talk" and Logitech joystick

You should be able to do it through TS without the need to change your joystick profile.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I followed the usual steps to "set" the button on the joystick as my push-to-talk button but it doesn't respond. I've read stuff that seems to allude to doing something in the profiler but I'm not sure how to do that. Like have a keyboard command for push-to-talk then link it to a joystick button somehow.

Comment

I reckon you could use your joystick software to program the button to the keyboard button.
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I was trying to get it to work too, to no avail

you can't set TS to recognize the Joy stick buttons

so i tried to bind a keystroke to the joy button - the problem is, that teamspeak still does not recognize that the simulated button was pressed - which makes the keystroke assignment useless

it would be great if someone has a solution to this and would let us know :)

Comment

I figured it out and it was so easy I feel stupid I posted this to begin with. Just use the "select keystroke" option and "record" feature in the profiler to assign a joystick button to the keyboard button you are using for teamspeak. The profiler has to be running to work which I think was the hang-up I was having. But, you can "apply persistent profile" under options so that it works even when not in the particular game in which you assigned the particular key. When I turn on my computer its seems I have to run the profiler for the teamspeak button to work on my joystick but I have exited the profiler and the button still works. I don't know if you have the same joystick SnipingCoward but this is what works for the Logitech Freedom 2.4. The nice thing about actually learning to use the profiler is that I discovered how to assign a "shift" button which allows you to double the commands for each button. Its great because I play IL2 Sturmovik which has lots of commands.
            Last edited by Mulligunz; 12-26-2008, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X