No announcement yet.

How to check your RAM.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check your RAM.

For future reference, I was curious on how to find out what the exact model of my RAM is. I know it's Corsair Dominator series. But i don't know what model or the timings on it to help making upgrading from 2 gigs to 4 easier.

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: How to check your RAM.

You have a pretty good chance of being able to pull the model number with CPU-Z... then just Google and cross-reference it.

Short of just punching in numbers off the RAM itself under the heat spreader
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

The package that your RAM came in should also have the exact model number for your RAM.

There is also a sticky (aka warranty / identifier sticker) on each module of RAM that might tell you the model of the RAM, the model number, the memory timings, etc. (Generic RAM usually don't include this sticker.)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

I second CPU-Z, tells me timings and model.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed