ATI CCC settings and BF2 In-Game Settings Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI CCC settings and BF2 In-Game Settings Questions

Guys so far I have had much success with the most recent ATI Driver update. And i have been using the Catalyst Control Center as well.

The question I have is if I have high settings with 2x-6x (i think 6x is the highest in CCC) anti-aliasing in the catalyst control center settings, does that mean that I can have my BF2 settings on medium with anti aliasing off? The only reason I ask is that sometimes I find the map takes a long time to load textures and geometries.

Or is the ATI CCC mainly just for the desktop itself and for viewing Movies/Pictures?

I basically just need some clarification, the CCC isn't all that helpful and I have had some trouble viewing/finding specific answers to my questions at the ATI site.

If any other players here use the CCC your thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My comp specs: over 3 Gigs of Ram 37 gigs of memory total. 9 Gigs of memory that is free. ATI Radeon X1600 Pro - 512mb Video Card with HD capability.
    Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 11-18-2008, 05:23 PM. Reason: needed to include mb capability of video card
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: ATI CCC settings and BF2 In-Game Settings Questions

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
    Guys so far I have had much success with the most recent ATI Driver update. And i have been using the Catalyst Control Center as well.

The question I have is if I have high settings with 2x-6x (i think 6x is the highest in CCC) anti-aliasing in the catalyst control center settings, does that mean that I can have my BF2 settings on medium with anti aliasing off? The only reason I ask is that sometimes I find the map takes a long time to load textures and geometries.

Or is the ATI CCC mainly just for the desktop itself and for viewing Movies/Pictures?

I basically just need some clarification, the CCC isn't all that helpful and I have had some trouble viewing/finding specific answers to my questions at the ATI site.

If any other players here use the CCC your thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My comp specs: over 3 Gigs of Ram 37 gigs of memory total. 9 Gigs of memory that is free. ATI Radeon X1600 Pro - Video Card with HD capability.
    I haven't used the ATI CCC in years, but there's usually a setting that allows you to apply your settings for every program (both on your desktop and in-game). In the nV CP, you can set it up so those settings take effect in various games no matter what you have set in the game options.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: ATI CCC settings and BF2 In-Game Settings Questions

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post

The question I have is if I have high settings with 2x-6x (i think 6x is the highest in CCC) anti-aliasing in the catalyst control center settings, does that mean that I can have my BF2 settings on medium with anti aliasing off?
      CCC settings override whatever you select in the application . I set my CCC settings to application controlled (the supported ones such as AA and AF) and the rest at high quality with Vsync on. For PR, everything on high except textures on medium.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X