X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA posts WHQL-certified Big Bang II driver

As mentioned in the other thread, the driver is now out:

NVIDIA posts WHQL-certified Big Bang II driver

Today NVIDIA officially pulled the wraps off their so-called "Big Bang II" graphics driver. The new drivers contain numerous performance improvements as well as the ability to run SLI with two monitors (previously you had to disable SLI in the driver control panel to enable this functionality). Here's the complete list of what's new from NVIDIA:

Exciting New Features:
    # Enables NVIDIA SLI technology on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards with the following GPUs: GeForce GTX 280, GeForce GTX 260, GeForce 9800 GX2, GeForce 9800 GTX+, and GeForce 9800 GTX.
    # Enables NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Now you can easily switch between multi-monitor desktop mode and full screen 3D gaming mode. Learn more here.
    # Enables NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. (Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. This driver package automatically installs PhysX System Software version 8.10.13).

Blazing Fast Performance:
    # Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 180 WHQL drivers vs. Release 178 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
    # Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
    # Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
    # Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
    # Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    # Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
    # Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
    # Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
    # Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
    # Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
    # Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict

And More:
    # Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way and Quad SLI technology.
    # Supports CUDA.
    # Supports [email protected] distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.
    # Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
    # Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
    # Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

The new drivers support all GeForce GTX 200 series, GeForce 9, and GeForce 8800 series GPUs.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: NVIDIA posts WHQL-certified Big Bang II driver

I've read on the official nVidia forums that people are having problems with this (and the past few) drivers. They get a blank black screen for a few seconds in the middle of a game randomly, then a CTD or the machine reboots.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'll probably try them later.

I'm happy with my current 177.83 drivers at the moment. Upgrading to a GTX 260 Core 216 here soon, so I'll switch them out whenever that comes around.
      It's Gaming
      Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Using it now actually, seems ok

Comment

Crap. The PhysX is limited to the later cards, but I have a 6800 I could use for that. (Right now the 6800 is in my new box, the 8600 in the old, but I'm about to swap them.)
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

This was just posted this afternoon, and looks like Nvidia has turned the tables a bit:

New GTX 260 with new driver leaves 4870 beaten and scarred

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              This was just posted this afternoon, and looks like Nvidia has turned the tables a bit:

New GTX 260 with new driver leaves 4870 beaten and scarred

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the HD4870 GS a lower-end model than the HD4870?

Odd that they didn't go for a regular 4870 for their testbed.

Edit: Ah, it's a Gainward 4870 Golden Sample. Meh, wish they mentioned that.

Not much of a boost at 1920 x 1200.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X