Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gmail Themes are Available… and They’re Sweet!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail Themes are Available… and They’re Sweet!

Don't know how many of you use gmail, but it is really good. I currently have 2 Hotmail, a Live Mail, a Yahoo Mail, an AOL mail, and 3 Gmail accounts. Hey, I hate spam and don't want IM services clogging up my computer, so I have accounts that let me IM through the web (g-talk is awesome).

But last week or so Hotmail did a major update, and it sucks. It seems slower than ever, and is pissing me off to no end, so I'm thinking of switching over to Gmail for my main. It really is user friendly, and with the new themes, looks great too.

What do you guys use?

Link:
    Gmail Themes are Available… and They’re Sweet!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Gmail Themes are Available… and They’re Sweet!

I've got four e-mail adresses. One is for MSN which inbox I never look at. One is for game magazine I order and with it comes web space and e-mail adress but I forward all the messages to my G-mail account which I use all the time. The fourth one is spam account I use for all kinds of shady websites like fileplanet that used to spam my old e-mail account back in the ye-olden days.

Comment

I use G-mail for my personal email, because it is less bloated than any other email and has very little text based advertising, I do have yahoo and hotmail but never use them, just cannot be bothered using them as my connection is quite slow and gmail is just much more user friendly, take note yahoo and Microsoft!!

Comment

Excellent. Now for me to make my switch to Gmail! :)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Themes are top notch. Try the terminal one. ;)

Comment

I just switched to using GMail as my primary this year, but for signing up for website and whatnot, I use my hotmail account. I can't bear to part with it since I've had it for over 10 years now.

With Gmail it's mostly accessibility, and hell I don't even need POP or IMAP I just install the GMail app which in itself is awesome. The one thing I don't like is labeling.. I really WOULD rather move things into folders instead of "labeling" them and then "Archiving" them. Seems like a step backward. I kind of had some "Big Brother" reservations about Gmail and their backup policies, but I've just kind of "got over it".

On top of that, I sync my BlackBerry calendar and whatnot with my GMail, and it's done a tremendous amount to keep me organized. I just haven't taken the leap in syncing my contacts too.
            "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
            Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I've been getting annoyed with Yahoo mail of late. I've made the switch with most of my online stuff already.

I'm tired of all of the spam slipping through Yahoo (tired of setting up a gazillion filters too), the spam mails I get that spoof my own Yahoo address, and the failed logons with Yahoo's updated mail look.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I also use GMail as my main account. Once you get your account set up set your homepage to www.google.com/ig

It gives you a customizable home page with various feeds and easy access to useful stuff.
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

Additionally, I may look at the themes... but I'm pretty happy with the BetterGmail2 FFX plugin.
                  "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                  Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

The one thing I don't like is labeling.. I really WOULD rather move things into folders instead of "labeling" them and then "Archiving" them.
                    Yeah I would also prefer to use a folder type option, it's just easier and less confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                      Yeah I would also prefer to use a folder type option, it's just easier and less confusing.
                      How in the world do you figure?

How about this: Instead of thinking of "labels" think of them as "folders". One label per folder! Forget about the fact that you could have multiple labels on one message, which would be like having one message in multiple folders, which is impossible. Just stick to one label = one folder and it's effectively the same thing.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Honestly, I like the labeling a bit better than Yahoo's "folders". In concept their the same, except that Google has "Archive". :) So...now when I click on my Inbox, it's clear of messages or only has new messages since my last archiving.

Did I mention I'm not limited to 15 filters? That I can also forward multiple messages at once? Take that Yahoo Mail!
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I just like folders, I like placing things in folders, I have a folder fetish, please don't hate me just because I am different...:row__541:.....:row__733:

Comment

I just like folders, I like placing things in folders, I have a folder fetish, please don't hate me just because I am different...:row__541:.....:row__733:
                            Can't you just pretend that the word "label" is actually "folder"?
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Can't you just pretend that the word "label" is actually "folder"?
                              I am already going to a shrink about my "folder fetish", I could really do without adding another fetish to my list.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X