• Show
Clear All

Re: Serious problems Dell XPS m1530

Forgive me if i'm wrong...but aint that a Notebook your talking about? LOL
    sigpic
    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Thought I should throw my two cents in as I own a m1530 - which I do indeed love. First check the power settings make sure it is set to High Performance. Your problem is definitely over-heating. I have been playing GTA IV on my laptop since Dec 2nd when it came out and started getting the weird lagging issues you speak of.

I lifted the laptop up on my table so that it was about 3 inches from the surface and pow my issues were gone. I can sit it in my lap with the left side off my legs and it works like a champ. The air draws from the bottom and pushes out the back so you really just need enough air space to keep it happy - add a table fan to the mix? Drop the CPU/GPU heat another 3-7 degrees depending on the temperature of the room.

I can get more in depth if you'd like to know more - but just try it out mate I think you'll be surprised.

Comment

My first thing would be to make sure all the drivers were up to date, then I would also delete any programs you do not need. Everybody knows that Dell and other computer companies load so much BS on their computer it slows them down. After doing that then make sure to shut down any processes you do not need, maybe even set them to permanently be turned off in the "Services" if possible.
        Disk Defrag and Disk Cleanup, I like cleaning up with CCleaner and defraggin my HDD's with PerfectDick or even DiskTrix UltimateDefrag 2008. Maybe you can find a cheap free program that does a good job at defragging though. I paid $14.99 for UltimateDefrag and nothing for PerfectDisk, a buddy had it and gave it to me. I use both, one for my OS HDD and the other for my game HDD.

FPS slowdown can be caused by another program that is running in the background, doesn't even really need to be accessing your CPU or GPU, it can cause slow down from slowing down the HDD when it is accessed. Also do a anti virus and spyware scan.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X