LCD or DLP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD or DLP?

I was wondering if any of you have purchased a tv or are looking into buying one. I can't decide if I want to go with LCD or DLP projection. These are the two I'm looking at:

46" Samsung LCD
    67" Samsung DLP

Both are 120hz and the DLP uses LEDs as the light source. LCD is great and of course smaller, lighter, and thinner. DLP though is larger.

Not sure which one would be better, the main use since I don't really get any time to watch regular tv, will mostly be hi-def stuff like blu-rays and possible a little ps3 action. Also the occasional football game.

Any opinions? thanks.

Re: LCD or DLP?

I just got back in town and am catching up on my sites. These were posted in the last couple of days and should be helpful.

How to Buy an HDTV Today (or Any Day)

How To Calibrate Your New HDTV (and Not Lose Your Mind)

You know, I think we should have a sticky titled like Buyer's Guide, and stock pile guides like these there. What do you guys think?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I will be purchasing this plasma in a few days. http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TH-4...912298&sr=8-1#.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...702#tabsection

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

plasma = power bill spike, uses up to 25w on standby... and as much as a small microwave when its on.... 628watts,
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Have a dlp for about 3 years now and I love it. 50" Sony. Go for the bigger screen, the bigger the better.
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

Either go big or go home! 300 inches FTW. :P

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...1&sku=223-5540

Comment

I don't like dlp. Rear projection is so 1980s.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Go set and look at them side by side, you will see that the DLP is hands down better..

there is no ghosting at all, and the colors are WAY better overall..

I will take my DLP over anything out there right now..

Mitsubishi 65" are like $1200 now..well woth the money..and they have the finest picture you will ever see..especially the "Blue" color..for some reason watching Destination Earth makes you want to cry it is so purty!

Comment

but their sooooo big, makes your room 3ft smaller because you gotta move seating that much further away