Logitech G-5 trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G-5 trouble

Mouse works fine in windows applications. It worked fine in games up till recently. Now, in several different games it goes crazy and you have no control over it. Don't know if it is setpoint related, graphics driver related or what. All drivers are current. Virus scan comes up clean. Like I said, it works normal in any windows application. So, it can't be dust on the laser. No other control devices such as joysticks are plugged in. Any help is appreciated. I would like to fix it without having to reinstall windows. Thanks again.
    sigpic

Re: Logitech G-5 trouble

Try closing Setpoint to narrow down if it is a problem.

How old is the mouse? Maybe the cord is wearing out and your hand posture during gaming triggers the crazy movements. I'm going on a limb here.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Try plugging it into a different USB port while you're at it.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Try hitting it with a hammer then bouncing it off a wall, if that does not work try uninstalling all the software and drivers then re-install and see if that works.

When you are in game, do you have your DPI settings all the way up to 2000dpi, this may be why it is all over the place, see if turning down your DPI makes it any better.

Comment

If it is a hardware issue with the mouse, you're in luck, because Logitechs customer support/RMA is stellar. If I remember correctly, the G5s carry a 3 year warranty too.

As for ideas, full reinstall of setpoint would be something to start with, along with trying the mouse on another PC.

Good luck.
          It's Gaming
          Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Thanks for trying to help me out. Tried a different usb port. Even reverted back to the original setpoint software off the disc. DPI set at 800. Hardware acceleration backed off some. All these things did not help. I ended up formating the drive and reinstalling windows. Guess what? The mouse works! I don't know what the heck was wrong. Even though my virus scan came up clean, I'm thinking maybe I was infected some how? For the record. If the clean install didn't help me, the hammer was next! Thank for your advice anyway.
            sigpic

Comment

Kinda strange that you had to go to such extremes as to re-format the hard drive, maybe the mouse driver that comes bundled with the OS got corrupt somehow, anyway you can put the hammer away....for now!

Comment

Never trust a single scan, especially if it tells you you're clean ;)
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Yeah, I was suspicious about the anti virus scan from the start. I did the housecall online scan and it came back with some greyware but nothing malicious? I hate not knowing what it was exactly. Loading just windows isn't that bad, it's the three days of putting back all the other stuff that sucks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charcoal_Grey View Post
                    Yeah, I was suspicious about the anti virus scan from the start. I did the housecall online scan and it came back with some greyware but nothing malicious? I hate not knowing what it was exactly. Loading just windows isn't that bad, it's the three days of putting back all the other stuff that sucks!
                    Which anti-virus software are you using?
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X