Fraps sound recording problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraps sound recording problem

I've read many forums and looked through the history here but I cant seem to find a fix for my problem. Firstly my important specs... winXP, X-Fi gamer soundcard, USB eDimensional 5.1 headset.

My problem is annoying. No matter what options I change in my sound options or the fraps options for sound, I only ever get 3 outcomes. 1) No sound. 2) Game sound, no voice. 3) Voice, no gamesound.

I'm trying to get the mythical 4th option of sound AND voice. Would anyone know the combination of features I need to have set if I'm using an X-Fi soundcard with a USB headset? Its driving me insane.

Re: Fraps sound recording problem

FRAPS doesn't like USB mics.

I do not know of anyone that has been successful in getting a USB mic to record game sounds and voice.

Sorry!
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

for recording game sounds plus voip see this thread

but USB mic doesnt work well, I think thats your weak link, but maybe you can get it working with video recording

you could try a different recorder see here

Comment

I had a disgusting suspicion it was probably the usb headset. Thanks for the replies. I'll go cry in a corner.

Gamecam works perfectly, but it means I have to turn off community in Steam so I cant keep in contact with friends. Frustrating.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X