Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing The Impossible: Boot Computer From USB or CDROM Even If BIOS Not Supported

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing The Impossible: Boot Computer From USB or CDROM Even If BIOS Not Supported

We have talked about this a couple of times in the forum, and this article was just posted so I figured some of you would find it interesting...........

Doing The Impossible: Boot Computer From USB or CDROM Even If BIOS Not Supported Using PLoP

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Doing The Impossible: Boot Computer From USB or CDROM Even If BIOS Not Supported

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
    We have talked about this a couple of times in the forum, and this article was just posted so I figured some of you would find it interesting...........

Doing The Impossible: Boot Computer From USB or CDROM Even If BIOS Not Supported Using PLoP
    That might come in handy for me.

Do you know if PLoP will survive a reformat? For example: If I'm booting Linux from the CD, reformat the old drive, and then attempt to install Linux onto the drive.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: Doing The Impossible: Boot Computer From USB or CDROM Even If BIOS Not Supported

the data might be there, but without a file table... your computer wont know plop is on the formatted drive