Required to restart game if headphones unplug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required to restart game if headphones unplug

I've searched these forums for sound vista hoping someone else had this problem but I didn't find anything.

I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit (not sure if that matters), the Cooler Master case with the built-in front panel, and my ASUS P5Q SE Plus LGA775 mobo panel which also has the problem and a $23 Logitech headset I bought a week ago (the old headset had this problem also). If I'm playing a game and for some reason the headset pops out or even wiggles a little bit (it seems to be quite sensitive) my sound shuts off and even if I plug my headphones back in, I'll get a little pop up that says I have to confirm where my headset was plugged in, but then my sound in-game still won't work. I have to ensure it's in snug, quit the game and start it back up. This happens with L4D, CoD4 and I think CS:S, so I'm thinking it's OS related. Is there a way around this? I had Windows 2000 on my old system and the headset was simple: plug in or out and it worked immediately. How can I get that to work for me? Thank you.

Re: Required to restart game if headphones unplug

What kind of headphones? USB or analog?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Splendid View Post
      I've searched these forums for sound vista hoping someone else had this problem but I didn't find anything.

I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit (not sure if that matters), the Cooler Master case with the built-in front panel, and my ASUS P5Q SE Plus LGA775 mobo panel which also has the problem and a $23 Logitech headset I bought a week ago (the old headset had this problem also). If I'm playing a game and for some reason the headset pops out or even wiggles a little bit (it seems to be quite sensitive) my sound shuts off and even if I plug my headphones back in, I'll get a little pop up that says I have to confirm where my headset was plugged in, but then my sound in-game still won't work. I have to ensure it's in snug, quit the game and start it back up. This happens with L4D, CoD4 and I think CS:S, so I'm thinking it's OS related. Is there a way around this? I had Windows 2000 on my old system and the headset was simple: plug in or out and it worked immediately. How can I get that to work for me? Thank you.
      First, answer CD's question...then if it's not USB...

Are you running off of onboard sound?

When you plug it back in Windows/Realtek's software should sense the jack being plugged in, pop up a notification window, and within a few seconds, your sound output should be redirected to your headphones. I haven't experienced this problem in any game and can freely pull or plug my headphones into the FP headphone jack (just the pop up is annoying).
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yes it's analog. And yeah the pop up is annoying but I would think after I click "ok" that it would work. My parent's computer (Vista also) does this same thing (it's some pre-built Acer from the store). I'm using the front panel mic/headphone jacks in my case (link above) but the problem happens when I use the panel in the back of my computer from my motherboard (link above). It's on board sound from that motherboard. Newegg says:
        Audio Chipset VIA VT1708s
        Audio Channels 8 Channels

Comment

That's weird. I use Vista64 and plug/unplug mine often and no problems. I use analog also.

My only sound problem is the mic is 'always on'. No matter if I use the sound card or onboard.

Comment

That's weird, I get the same problem with a usb livechat headset (in addition to it's mic never reading).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X