NOD32 Antivirus on sale for $9.99 shipped at Newegg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOD32 Antivirus on sale for $9.99 shipped at Newegg

I actually almost ordered this on Mon. night because my subscription to NOD32 is about to expire next week, but I decided to wait to see if it would go on sale soon, and guess what.............it did :icon_eek:

NOD32 is one of the top ranked antivirus out there, and it is extremely light on computer resources. Normally the OEM version at newegg is $40, but with the code it gets dropped to $9.99 shipped.

You may have to be a subscriber to the Newegg newsletter to get it, but that only takes a sec. to do.

Link:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus Home Edition V3.0 - OEM

Mine is on the way..............:icon_cool

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: NOD32 Antivirus on sale for $9.99 shipped at Newegg

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
    I actually almost ordered this on Mon. night because my subscription to NOD32 is about to expire next week, but I decided to wait to see if it would go on sale soon, and guess what.............it did :icon_eek:

NOD32 is one of the top ranked antivirus out there, and it is extremely light on computer resources. Normally the OEM version at newegg is $40, but with the code it gets dropped to $9.99 shipped.

You may have to be a subscriber to the Newegg newsletter to get it, but that only takes a sec. to do.

Link:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus Home Edition V3.0 - OEM

Mine is on the way..............:icon_cool
    Crap, I deleted that emailed newsletter.

And in your opinion, how much "better" is NOD32 compared to Avast?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Man, I don't know. Most reiviews I have seen have NOD at the top, and Avast lower down. But I do have Avast running on my wife's laptop, and it seems pretty good. Updates daily. She doesn't surf to the deepest darkest part of the net like I do though........:D

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
        Man, I don't know. Most reiviews I have seen have NOD at the top, and Avast lower down. But I do have Avast running on my wife's laptop, and it seems pretty good. Updates daily. She doesn't surf to the deepest darkest part of the net like I do though........:D
        Oh. I was hoping you might know of some stuff to compare to, like if NOD32 has better false positive detections than Avast does or something else.

Thought of a good question to ask: how long does it take for NOD32 to scan all the files in your hard drive Bam?

Well, still debating whether I should get it or just stick with Avast and get a new headset instead.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

When I scan, it starts out with a huge number, saying it is going to take forever to scan. But then ends up doing it in like 20-30 mins. if I remember right. Has been a while since my last scan that I paid attention to. I normally do it and then go to lunch or something and it is done when I get back. That is scanning 2 harddrives and all the other stuff like memory.

Search back for the couple of threads about antivirus cause there were some links to reviews there that might tell you what you need.

A new headset sounds like fun too though...............:D

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

It depends on the size of the HDD(s) you have and also how much content is on those HDD(s). It is about time for me to upgrade to ver. 3 as well but I too deleted the newsletter from newegg without even glancing at it.
            Honestly, most of the AV comparisons I have seen NOD32 and Kaspersky are the 2 top ranked AV programs. Kaspersky seems to always come out on top though but after doing a little reading both are basically the same. Something about using the same code to scan for virus's. main reason why I like NOD32 is it uses very little resources to run. Hardly even know it is on the computer, doesn't effect gaming and the version I have I can "quit" the program or the Control Center anyway to play games if you think it will slow down your gaming any.
            I still do the occasional free online scan from different sites such as Kaspersky and Microsoft Safety Scanner just to make sure all is clear on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
              It depends on the size of the HDD(s) you have and also how much content is on those HDD(s).
              If I remember right, he's got larger HDDs than I do (probably with more packed in them). I've a 320 and a 500 with only about 300 GBs of data.

20-30 mins is fast. Avast takes about 4-5 hours just to go through every file and archive in 200 GBs of data (included a memory scan on start up).
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I never really timed how long it takes, usually I just have it in my mind to start scanning the entire computer with my 3 HDD and then browse around the internet, check email, or read forums while it is scanning. Seems like it takes no time, I have a 36Gb, 74Gb, and 500Gb HDD. Altogether I probably have about 115Gb of data on all the HDD, I know not much to scan.

Comment

I don't use antivirus software and haven't for years, and I have yet to be infected by anything. Its all about how competent you are. AV software teaches that you should be lazy, irresponsible and let your AV worry about the files you're downloading and whether or not they're malicious. A smart person knows that virii can get through the best A/V regardless. A smart person uses unix.

Comment

Originally posted by SP4C3P0P3 View Post
                    A smart person uses unix.
                    Oh? Why use a computer at all? Using Unix doesn't equate to being smart.

A smart person would have anti-virus software installed whether or not they are extremely diligent in what they download or view online.

Even extremely careful online surfers can get viruses on their computer.

I'm holding out on buying this to see how my mouse fairs the next couple of days.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Since we are on the subject of AV programs and virus's anyone hear of the Vondo Trojan?

A buddy of mine claimed he got this Trojan by visiting MySpace and clicking a link, the buddy that actually owned the computer asked if I would remove the problem or restore his computer back to original if I couldn't. I did some reading up on the Vondo Trojan after identifying that is definitely what was on the computer. What I read up on the Vondo Trojan was that it replicates itself if a person tries to remove it and no AV program can remove it. It has to be removed manually and it will usually contain about 25 files that it makes in the system32 folder. A person would need to go through and verify each and every file to make sure they are not deleting an important file.

Anyway, I said heck with it and formatted his HDD and then did a factory restoration. I first tried a restore point but as I had thought that did not help at all. I asked the one buddy exactly where he got this from and he still has yet to show me, I just know it deals with Java and caused pop ups that could be any random site, or so it seemed to be random.
                      Just asking, anybody had to deal with this before and what was their way of getting rid of it just in case I get a call asking me to remove it again. I am not planning on going through 2,000+ files individually to remove the Trojan though so I was wondering if it is a program to remove it?

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                        Since we are on the subject of AV programs and virus's anyone hear of the Vondo Trojan?

A buddy of mine claimed he got this Trojan by visiting MySpace and clicking a link, the buddy that actually owned the computer asked if I would remove the problem or restore his computer back to original if I couldn't. I did some reading up on the Vondo Trojan after identifying that is definitely what was on the computer. What I read up on the Vondo Trojan was that it replicates itself if a person tries to remove it and no AV program can remove it. It has to be removed manually and it will usually contain about 25 files that it makes in the system32 folder. A person would need to go through and verify each and every file to make sure they are not deleting an important file.

Anyway, I said heck with it and formatted his HDD and then did a factory restoration. I first tried a restore point but as I had thought that did not help at all. I asked the one buddy exactly where he got this from and he still has yet to show me, I just know it deals with Java and caused pop ups that could be any random site, or so it seemed to be random.
                        Just asking, anybody had to deal with this before and what was their way of getting rid of it just in case I get a call asking me to remove it again. I am not planning on going through 2,000+ files individually to remove the Trojan though so I was wondering if it is a program to remove it?
                        I removed that once from one of my home computers. Couldn't remove it by hand since it kept replicating itself even after removing it, powering down, unplugging, hitting the power button (think this step clears any electricity stored in the capacitors), and then replugging in and powering up.

Look at the post in this thread (about 3 down). I used to help me get the system clean.

Alternatively, this thread may also help.

It's a known virus and has been out for a while. Most AV programs should be able to remove it now (like McAfee and Norton) since several of them got some public backlash for failing to get rid of the virus in the first place.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X