XFX seeing red

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFX seeing red

an article says that XFX is going over to ATI/AMD at the end of the year. This leaves EVGA as the sole uber power over at nvidia even though XFX will still do nvidia cards.

Personally I think its a great day for AMD if XFX carries over their lifetime warranty which no other AMD partner has to my knowledge.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Re: XFX seeing red

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
    an article says that XFX is going over to ATI/AMD at the end of the year. This leaves EVGA as the sole uber power over at nvidia even though XFX will still do nvidia cards.

Personally I think its a great day for AMD if XFX carries over their lifetime warranty which no other AMD partner has to my knowledge.
    I believe Sapphire products still carry a limited lifetime warranty. Crap.

Apparently all of their VGA products only carry a 2 year warranty now. That's a big drop from several years ago where their ATI cards carried a limited lifetime warranty (or a 3 year warranty on their cheaper cards).

Well, pretty smart move on XFX's part then. Hopefully their limited lifetime warranty sways enough buyers to purchase their ATI cards rather than competitors.

Originally posted by Blitzkid
    Nvidia is hurting because of how pricy they make their cards. They are introduceing new even more expensive cards when they should be making cheap cards to compete with ati.
    For market share, yes, they should consider more competitive pricing, but if you look at various retailers, you'll find that their pricing is already pretty competitive.

Secondly, the problem with both ATI and nVidia is that they get one nice chipset every often and then they quit using their brains to come up with an even better chipset. Instead they try to milk every profitable penny they can (hence why the GTX line isn't that far from the 8800 chipset).

The same thing happened with the original GeForce and GeForce 2 cards. The Ti line wasn't much better than a GeForce 2 Pro, etc.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I just love how all of the factors are exasperating the issue, according to the article.

When really, they're actually exacerbating it. But you know, whatever :p

So long as ATi doesn't rest on their laurels...
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Finally a good ati company, next purchase will probably be an xfx ati card. Main reason that kept me off of ati this time around was the ati partners...

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Im pretty sure my visiontek 4870 has a lifetime warranty

Comment

visiontek only has a 3 year warrant
            Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse