Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any Pro Developers within TG that know PERL

Yes, i have said the dreaded Mac word.

I work for a start up and We have a portal that is on the last step of completion, and well.......With the permission of my boss I thought I would throw the idea out here in this forum.

Must be completely proficient in the Pro Developer aspect of PERL.

If you are freelance or possibly looking for some work, please PM me, and we can talk/ I can go to my boss if there is a real need (i strongly feel there is going to be).

Resume will be required, NDA will be a must. And if you are on the East Coast thats a plus, but if you live in the US and even Canada that is also fine.

I figured that this is the right place to post this kind of info and there might be some future API stuff that I might be able to discuss as well.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Are there any Pro Developers within TG that know PERL

Below are two definitions for PERL and it is the default install in Apple's Mac OS X and Sun's Solaris 9 - This is from a 2002 article and as of Dec. 10th 2008 the latest release of PERL is PERL6

PERL is: Short for Practical Extraction and Report Language, Perl is a programming language developed by Larry Wall, especially designed for processing text. Because of its strong text processing abilities, Perl has become one of the most popular languages for writing CGI scripts. Perl is an interpretive language, which makes it easy to build and test simple programs.

Another Definition:
    (Practical Extraction Report Language) A programming language written by Larry Wall that combines syntax from several Unix utilities and languages. Introduced in 1987, Perl is designed to handle a variety of system administrator functions and provides comprehensive string handling functions. It is widely used to write Web server programs for such tasks as automatically updating user accounts and newsgroup postings, processing removal requests, synchronizing databases and generating reports. Perl has also been adapted to non-Unix platforms.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

lol, only thing i know is delphi.. sry mate

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
        Below are two definitions for PERL and it is the default install in Apple's Mac OS X and Sun's Solaris 9 - This is from a 2002 article and as of Dec. 10th 2008 the latest release of PERL is PERL6

PERL is: Short for Practical Extraction and Report Language, Perl is a programming language developed by Larry Wall, especially designed for processing text. Because of its strong text processing abilities, Perl has become one of the most popular languages for writing CGI scripts. Perl is an interpretive language, which makes it easy to build and test simple programs.

Another Definition:
        (Practical Extraction Report Language) A programming language written by Larry Wall that combines syntax from several Unix utilities and languages. Introduced in 1987, Perl is designed to handle a variety of system administrator functions and provides comprehensive string handling functions. It is widely used to write Web server programs for such tasks as automatically updating user accounts and newsgroup postings, processing removal requests, synchronizing databases and generating reports. Perl has also been adapted to non-Unix platforms.
        Try asking around the local university in your area. There might be some programmers there with with Pro experience and know PERL.

I do not believe I've worked with Pro before and I don't know PERL myself, so I'm not much help.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've done some Perl coding on Linux and even Win32 but don't have a clue what "Pro" is. It's hard to do much Linux sysadmin'ing without being exposed to some Perl.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X