Double-Click Problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double-Click Problem?

I've noticed while using my G7 the last few days that the right mouse button is doing that double-clicking thing when I click it once. Right now, it's only every so often and not all the time, but it seems to be getting worse. I just tried blowing out any dirt below each button with a can of air. Think I blew it deeper into the mouse rather than out (since I can't lift the buttons without snapping them in two).

I was wondering if any of you have had a good experience with this that managed to get it to go away without replacing the mouse?

Otherwise, if I have to replace it, anyone own the MX1100? Looked around and I figured that's my next mouse (it's only about $10 more than a G7).
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Double-Click Problem?

You know, since you posted this it made me think about the few times while playing PR I had noticed it seemed like my G7's right mouse button was double clicking as well. If I replace mine I will try to get Logitech to replace mine, it is still under warranty or should be anyway. I think they had a 3 year warranty on them.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
      You know, since you posted this it made me think about the few times while playing PR I had noticed it seemed like my G7's right mouse button was double clicking as well. If I replace mine I will try to get Logitech to replace mine, it is still under warranty or should be anyway. I think they had a 3 year warranty on them.
      You may be right (have to look at the box). I just don't want to be without a nice mouse for 3-4 weeks and be out $10 for the shipping to Logitech for possible replacement. On top of that, I no longer have the receipt for my mouse. I've only had this happen once to a very old cheapo Logitech optical mouse.

Too bad I can't really disassemble the G7 (doubt I can put it back together again...no visible screws).
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

At the front underneath the label, is a screw. Or, they may be under the mouse feet. I've disassembled a MX900 before and it's not too hard to do. Although, I was left with the spring on the middle mouse button. It still works but it isn't as springy anymore. It's a bit better in fact because I don't have to press as hard.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
          At the front underneath the label, is a screw. Or, they may be under the mouse feet. I've disassembled a MX900 before and it's not too hard to do. Although, I was left with the spring on the middle mouse button. It still works but it isn't as springy anymore. It's a bit better in fact because I don't have to press as hard.
          I'll take a look under the label sometime. Can't get it off right now since it's partially crumbling and I can't remove it with something to scrape it off.

Edit: I found a thread (the post is several down) that tells me about disassembling the G7. Worried about reassembly especially the mention of the finicky copper contact piece.

At this point, think I'm going to either stick with the G7 until the right mouse button screws itself over or spend the money on the MX1100 before even attempting to take apart this one.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

What I can see on my G7 it appears that one screw is under the label, another under the front mouse foot, and one more on the rear mouse foot.

A buddy of mine said he had his G7 replaced but Logitech sent his mouse first, didn't need to send the old one back until he received his new one. Another buddy said he was able to keep his old mouse as well, I bet he never sent it back to them.

Comment

What I can see on my G7 it appears that one screw is under the label, another under the front mouse foot, and one more on the rear mouse foot.

A buddy of mine said he had his G7 replaced but Logitech sent his mouse first, didn't need to send the old one back until he received his new one. Another buddy said he was able to keep his old mouse as well, I bet he never sent it back to them.
              Hmm, so they cross-ship? I thought I read somewhere on Logitech's forums that they don't cross-ship.

Hmm, this isn't looking good. I just noticed my left mouse button double-clicking on a single click.

Going to contact Logitech to see how it all works out.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

You do that and let me know. I was only going by what I was told from a couple buddies over the internet about the cross-shipping. I don't know doe sure though. If they didn't I would just go out and buy some really cheap mouse that I can't stand till I got my new mouse shipped to me from Logitech.

Comment

You do that and let me know. I was only going by what I was told from a couple buddies over the internet about the cross-shipping. I don't know doe sure though. If they didn't I would just go out and buy some really cheap mouse that I can't stand till I got my new mouse shipped to me from Logitech.
                  I'll contact Logitech later this week. Been busy trying to get some new much needed clothes and ordering next quarter's books.

I went ahead and ordered the MX1100 (looks to be far better in every area than my G7). I'll get on the phone with Logitech and see how they do the whole G7 replacement thing without a receipt (since I no longer have mines).

If they don't replace the mouse due to the fact that I don't have my receipt, then I'm taking it apart to clean under the keys.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The same thing happened to my old Razer Copperhead and it turned out that the piece of plastic that is connected to the button and contacts the switch in the mouse was worn out. Too bad because I liked that mouse a lot more than my new Lachesis.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                      The same thing happened to my old Razer Copperhead and it turned out that the piece of plastic that is connected to the button and contacts the switch in the mouse was worn out. Too bad because I liked that mouse a lot more than my new Lachesis.
                      I'm crossing my fingers I can get a replacement from Logitech and that what you're describing isn't what has happened to my G7.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I know this thread is old but was wondering what ever happened to you and your G7? Did you get it replaced?
                        I also decided to contact Logitech about 3 weeks ago about my G7 getting really bad with the double clicking of the right mouse button. Logitech customer care got back in contact with me and tried sending a few ideas on how to correct the problem. I did try them but knew instantly they weren't going to work. Anyway, I got back in contact with them and let them know their ideas failed and I had also tried different mouse on my desktop and then tried the G7 on my laptop and the problem carried over to the laptop with the G7.
                        The person(Simon was his name) sent me all the info I needed to RMA my G7 back to Logitech. Which I did not have the proof of purchase they required. Simon was OK, he contacted warranty division and they told him I had registered the mouse and it was within the time limit. So I got the info he then required I could get and packaged it up and sent it away. I just received it back today. They did say that the right mouse button does have a bad habit of building up with sweat and dirt and most people void their warranty by trying to clean the mouse themselves. So I am also very glad I did not try to clean my mouse by removing anything from the bottom.
                        The G7 I got back is not just like my original though, the mouse is the same by looking at it but the charging base is different. The charging base the button for ejecting the battery is off on the right side whereas my original charging station was directly in the middle. Also the button actually sticks out farther, my last one was kinda sunk in and made it difficult sometimes to make a quick switch.
                        On the packaging in the box, the plastic sleeve that contains the instruction booklet and software disc, it says Rev. A2. My last one was Rev. 1.xx or something a long those lines(I know that is not the exact #'s but you get the idea). So apparently I got a newer version.
                        Logitech Customer care was friendly and did their best to help me out quickly, when they did not help they were fast at giving me the RMA and then sending me back another mouse. I will say they do not offer cross shipping as a friend had told. I was wondering if the friend might have used a credit card and bought a new one and then they refunded the money back to him when they received his original mouse? I never asked about that. Logitech definitely showed me they do care about their customers, I mean they RMA'ed my mouse without proof of purchase from me, glad they had it on record of my purchase date.
                        So, I will later on register this new G7 that way I got another 3 year warranty. Now I got back my mouse I will be able to get back into PR again, the old G7 got so bad it was useless trying to play so i stopped for a while. Using the mouse I have for my laptop was not an option, to small to be good for gaming.

Comment

I haven't yet called. I managed to find the receipt about 2 weeks back. I'll probably call Monday or something and get it replaced.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X