Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice requested: Gaming Mouse

Hi folks.

I got tired a couple of weeks ago of getting killed while trying to shoot someone with a medikit, so I went and got myself a gaming mouse. As a shot in the dark, I got the first thing that looked acceptable at Staples, the M$ Habu. It's acceptable, but not great, so I'm thinking of returning it and getting something else, instead. That's where you come in.

Can you recommend a gaming mouse/controller, or tell me what I should be looking for?

I'm mostly looking at the Logitech line, but will look elsewhere as well, if there's a reason to do so. I've heard mention of the Logitech G9 and (I think) G12, so I'm researching those as you read this.

Thanks, and happy holidays!

[invisible]Now be sure to suggest something good, so I can TK you more effectively.[/invisible]

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
    --BlackMirror
    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
    --Blackraven93

Re: Advice requested: Gaming Mouse

Logitech MX 518. Got the sensitivity switching, extra buttons near the thumb and its generally very cheap now. It is what I have been using for the last 2.5 years.

Comment

Razer deathadder. Smooth, fast, comfy and customizable.

Comment

Logitech G9 for the win.
        TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

I'll throw in another vote for the MX518, been using it for about the same length as Fl1p, and no issues.

Check the hardware forum, there's a post somewhere in there of someone searching for a mouse and some people had some good links to look at.

Comment

I use the Razer Lachesis. I also have the Razer Copperhead. Both are great. They are very accurate and comfortable. I also like their features and the software that they use. It is very user friendly. I wrote reviews on them some where a while back.

What ever you decide to get make sure that it is comfortable for your grip.

Comment

Microsoft 3000 FTW
              http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=041

Nothing to fancy...... It kills a lot of people for me!

Comment

All 371484 shots fired have been with one of these

Memor Depopulor Pro Vos Exuro

Comment

If you like wireless, I live by my G7.
                  Last edited by DrBeat; 12-23-2008, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I love my razer copperhead full 2000dpi for awesome fun.

I recommend Logitech or razer but ir really depends on what you want. I have some pretty big hands (I'm 6'4") and the copperhead is great but the G9 is good and so is the G7, Mx518 is good if you want something a bit cheaper just depends on what you want to spend as well.

or you could go with what I used to play with (joking of course)
                    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

+1 for the G9.
                      Customizable grips, customizable weights, customizable colors, 3 on board profiles, microgear scrolling, 200-3200 DPI and it feels really nice. Solid build too.
                      It's Gaming
                      Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Razer Lachesis for Jazy!

I love it, extra buttons and customizable on-the-fly DPI settings and 5 profiles that will auto load for whichever game you specify!

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                          If you like wireless, I live my G7.
                          Quoted for truth.

I used to use the MX1000 but needed a newer lighter mouse, so I went with the G7 back in August 07. Very flexible mouse, 6 programmable buttons (besides left/right click), adjustable sensitivity settings on the fly (great for precision Rorsche firing, and gunship flying). Plus the batteries are hotswappable, if you keep the battery charger close at hand, you can swap the batteries on the mouse mid gunfight without much of an issue. Usually takes me about 3-4 seconds from noticing my mouse's battery's dead/low to having a fresh battery in the mouse.

Plus I've never had any latency problems due to it being wireless, and less cords > win =D. Now if only the G15 was wireless... (imagines having to change the batteries on this beast every 2 minutes... lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                            or you could go with what I used to play with (joking of course)
                            Hahaha, wait, you did use a trackball way back when you liar!

Comment

Originally posted by ionpig-A View Post
                              All 371484 shots fired have been with one of these
                              Maybe if got a new mouse, some of those shots fired might actually hit something... :icon_razz

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X