• Show
Clear All

• Video Cards preformance

Hi.

I have a question about these video cards:
    PALIT HD 4870 512MB,
    SAPPHIRE HD4870 512MB
    and GTX 260

I found a lot of reviews and videos about all of them but every review and video has different results.Once Palit hd4870 wins,then gtx 260 wins...
    I want to know what do you think what is the best graphics card in preformance?

I think it is palit hd4870.What do you think?

Thank you.

Re: Video Cards preformance

I think it depends on the game and specific settings.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Lets say Crysis on 1280 x 1024 at high Details. which of these card would be the best?

Comment

try here
        http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/charts...s-cards,1.html

Comment

Thank you.It seems like the HD 4870 is a litte bit better then gtx 260 in most of the games so the Palit 4870 must be better then the gtx 260 because the Palit is an overclocked version of the HD 4870.But i still do not really know :/

Comment

It depends greatly on your other hardware too how each card performs.

- -

Comment

please state the specification of your computer you want to put in this Cards...
              then we'll decide which is the best that suits your comp..
              If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

These are the thing i am going to get or my computer:
                PRO: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz/ 1333FSB/ 6MB/ BOX
                MOTHERBOARD:Gigabyte P45
                RAM:A-DATA 2x2GB DDRII Over Clock Extreme Edition DDR2 800+
                Hard Drive:HDD SATAII 500GB 7200RPM 16MB GREEN POWER WD5000AACS WDC
                POWER SUPPLY:Fortron Blue Storm II 500W ATX12V v2.2
                I only need to know what video card would be the best for my rig.

Thank you.

Comment

which model of Motherboard?

This one?: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...ProductID=2921

got that from your build thread.

With P45 you would be fine with either card. The differences you'll see will be specific to games only. Nvidia for me i have a close setup to yours and the gtx 260 is superb. I went with it because it has more hardware pipes.

- -

Comment

At 1280x1024, it's a low enough resolution that either the 4870 or GTX260 will perform well. Get the cheaper card.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I would look at what games you currently play and any of the new releases you plan on buying. Find the benches for them and see whats what.

Like Sarc pointed out, that res is not going to stress those cards. In fact you would do better to save your money and get a 4850 at that res.

Comment

Well thank you all for that information it helped me alot.:p I guess il stick whit the:Palit Hd4870 or if i have some money left Il buy the sapphire 4850x2. :D Theres one thing i want to know,is there a decent gtx 260 nvidia card that outperforms the orginal gtx 260 and palit hd4870?Something like ENGTX260 or some other card that does not cost so much?

Thank you!

Comment

I hate to say it but I would avoid the 4850X2. Unless your a patient person because the Crossfire and the X2 cards usually require a few driver revisions before they are working well in most games. When they do work its great, but when they don't ugh.

The thing with the 260 is that there was the original, then came a newer one with more shadders (212 or 216 I think??) and now theres a die shrink version with a 55mm die thats apparently the fastest one yet. Confusing to say the least.

I would forgot the original 260 unless you can get a realllllyyy good deal on it, the other two would both be good but obviously the die shrink will have a bit more potenital.

Comment

If you want to consider the 260, I would read this thread we having going right now. I would choose between that version and the 4870 1gig version.

But regardless, might want to pick a bit bigger PSU to give you a bit of a buffer. Both of those cards can eat up the watts while gaming.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Thank you.I am going to get a 650W psu.And i think il stay whit the palit hd4870 and maybe crossfire it someday.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X