Overclocking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking

Hi im edgar. im planing on overclocking my graphics card and processor i know i can overclock the graphics card but i dont know how much... as for the processor i have no idea if i can... system specs

ASUS Intel i945GZ
    Intel Pentium dual core e2140 @1.60 ghz
    2.5 GB Corsair 667 Mhz
    Diamond Radeon HD 2600 XT 512 mb GDDR2
    Thermaltake TR2 430 Watt PSU
    Stock Compaq case
    HP Vs 17 inch monitor
    250 GB Samsung HDD
    Windows Vista home premium 32 bit

i will be using Rivatuner to overclock the graphics card dont know how much though... its at stock speads core 801 mhz memory 405 mhz

i have no idea about the processor though its at 1.60 ghz i want to maby take it to 1.80 Ghz it has a stock cooler there are 5 fans in my pc. help?

Re: Overclocking

Those e2xxx series intel dual cores overclock like they were made for it! You could probably get that thing up to 3ghz on the right motherboard, but that's the thing, it depends on if your mobo can handle it.
    Looks to me like that mobo is a mATX in which case it probably has limited OC capabilities. Try googling for overclocking reviews on forums about that board and see what information you can find.

Comment

ok so i went into my bios and i cant find anything that has to to with overclocking like a multiplier or anything like that

Comment

well you will be looking to change the Front Side Bus (FSB)

not specific but a good basic guide that I have linked to before is from HEXUS
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Since it is an ASUS board, you usually need to dig though and find the option to set things "manual", instead of the default setting of "automatic". Once you change to manual you can usually see the options like FSB and Multiplier.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

If you need help overclocking your E2000 series CPU, you might be better off seeking some advice from the overclockers at OCN. Quite a few people there that live, breath, and eat overclocking. ;)
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

cool i found this in there

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...on-thread.html

ive ben on the tigerdirect forums and so far ive goten to the conclusion that i have locked bios... ive found around 2 choices A)flash my bios B)use a program for overclocking from your desktop like systool i just hope systool is compatible... dont wana have my system melt or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton926 View Post
                cool i found this in there

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...on-thread.html

ive ben on the tigerdirect forums and so far ive goten to the conclusion that i have locked bios... ive found around 2 choices A)flash my bios B)use a program for overclocking from your desktop like systool i just hope systool is compatible... dont wana have my system melt or something...
                Looking at your specs (CPU and Mobo), you'll be limited to FSB bumps and voltage increases. You won't be able to change your CPU's multiplier since beyond engineering samples of the E2000 series, no other chip in that line has an unlocked multiplier.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X