Wired Keyboards Remotely Hacked from 20 Meters Away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wired Keyboards Remotely Hacked from 20 Meters Away

That's right folks, wired keyboards...hax...err...hacked.

Your keystrokes can now to captured wirelessly through walls and floors without installing a physical or software keylogger onto your computer.

The article is from Tom's Hardware with a link to the original organization, LASEC, who has pioneered this technique and technology.

Very interesting. I'm sure they'll be approached by the NSA and CIA shortly after they publish their findings. :row__787:
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Wired Keyboards Remotely Hacked from 20 Meters Away

The reason behind TEMPEST.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

So does this mean I have to serf the net in a Faraday cage now?

~ Draken

Comment

Wow that is pretty scary. It is amazing how many things emanate energy.... Now I have to be very careful when I enter my secret XBOX 360 Game codes....

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        I'm sure they'll be approached by the NSA and CIA shortly after they publish their findings. :row__787:
        I am thinking they may have been using something like this...The "BLACK OPS" area has a lot of money behind it....

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
          So does this mean I have to serf the net in a Faraday cage now?

~ Draken
          If you think you're safe in one. The question is what happens if you run out of food?
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

He's already clearly run out of the letter "u". ;)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
              He's already clearly run out of the letter "u". ;)
              Maybe he will send a serf for the food, while he is surfing in his faraday cage...:icon14:

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I agree, it doesnt look like it can decode a high rate of typing, although he was not typing very fast so it may be able to. This is still in very early development, Im sure with a some tweaking of the code this could become very fast and accurate. We can already see that at low typing speeds it already has 100% average accuracy. Scary!

Comment

Originally posted by MrShawn305 View Post
                  I agree, it doesnt look like it can decode a high rate of typing, although he was not typing very fast so it may be able to. This is still in very early development, Im sure with a some tweaking of the code this could become very fast and accurate. We can already see that at low typing speeds it already has 100% average accuracy. Scary!
                  I also was wondering why the program responded so slowly. The only reason I could come up with was that the computer wasn't that new and it had to decode the signals and process them in real-time.

I'm pretty sure that code is optimized going off of the simplistic output.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Very interesting. I'm sure they'll be approached by the NSA and CIA shortly after they publish their findings. :row__787:
                    It's been possible for years to some degree. At least since 2000.
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                      It's been possible for years to some degree. At least since 2000.
                      It may have been, but this the first proof-of-concept I've seen. Everything else I've read has been mainly theory or speculation.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

If you think you're safe in one. The question is what happens if you run out of food?
                        Don't you just step out and grab some food?

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                          Don't you just step out and grab some food?
                          Err, I thought the whole point was to stay inside with the door closed because you're paranoid to the extreme that something bad will happen to you if you step out?
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Nope. The point of surf the net inside a Faraday cage is so that others couldn't gain access to your keystrokes using this equipment. Feel free to step outside if you're hungry, need to potty, or just don't feel like using your keyboard. A Faraday cage isn't going to protect you from all bad things anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                              A Faraday cage isn't going to protect you from all bad things anyway.
                              Ironically, if you've decided a faraday cage is the way to go, you've probably already taken lots of "bad things".... or need different "bad things" cause the "bad things" you're taking now aren't doing what the guy said they'd do. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X