SUPER 2009 Video Converter Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPER 2009 Video Converter Released

We have talked about super a few times here before, and it is a pretty good converter, if a bit complicated.

SUPER 2009 Video Converter Released

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: SUPER 2009 Video Converter Released

Ooooh...2009 version. :)

Going to update now. Thx Bammy. :)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

despite several tries I keep getting an invalid database error when trying to install, any ideas?
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
        despite several tries I keep getting an invalid database error when trying to install, any ideas?
        Edit: Hmm...getting the same error. I wonder if the .EXE was packed incorrectly or if the file is corrupt.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Found a possible answer in the eRightSoft/SUPER FAQ:

Originally posted by eRightSoft/SUPER FAQ
          # Q.023
          I downloaded the latest version of SUPER directly from the official web site without using any
          download manager. However, I get an error everytime I try to install it. Am I doing something wrong?

A. The SETUP file that you downloaded is definitely damaged, leading to this kind of error.
          The error could show "invalid database" or even something like "0001\E6\mppenc.exe" etc..
          The file damage is simply due to an overload of the download servers during a peak period.
          We regret this incident and we ask you to try to download later. Thank you for your understanding.

Edit:

Can't believe I didn't notice this before. The download seems to end prematurely resulting in an incomplete file. I'm downloading it again via Opera as suggested by the SUPER FAQ. (I get the feeling there is something on the website that was specifically code for IE/Opera only.)

Edit 2:

Something is seriously wrong with their download server. File is still ending prematurely (at less than 10 MBs downloaded).

Sigh...I give up. I'll wait another month before downloading. Stupid slow eRightSoft server. Even their forums load with an error (stupid flash driven).
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

so they have crappy servers along with a very annoying site to actually be able to find and download their product.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
              so they have crappy servers along with a very annoying site to actually be able to find and download their product.
              They've always had to give you 3-4 pages of non-sense + ads before you find their download link. Took me 45 minutes of carefully reading the very first time I went to download SUPER.

As for their forums. It's gotten worse. Now it's completely Flash-driven so it never freakin' loads.

Overall most people don't realize it but SUPER is just a graphical interface that uses FFMPEG to do the conversion. I just don't like dealing with command-line in this day and age, so I opt for a GUI overlay to FFMPEG.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Install worked for me, perhaps try this page at the bottom:
                http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

Comment

That's the page I was trying earlier with no success. The download connection would abruptly die and result in an incompletely downloaded file.

I'll try again later.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I converted an episode of Robot Chicken from AVI to MP4, but I have no idea where the output folder is, it isn't stated anywhere. Does anyone know?
                    Edit: Nvm, it goes to the output folder within the installation folder.

Comment

You can set the output folder yourself (right-click in the white area).

I finally managed to get a complete download using the school's network.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Download worked first time for me, testing with a music video now.

Comment

Yeah I waited till around 1 am and then got the full 30MB and it works fine now, just poor servers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X