Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with connecting PC to HDTV, mainly audio

Quick specs:

PC Video card: ATI 4870x2 with dual dvi.
    TV: Sharp Aquos with 2 HDMI ports.

Here's how I currently have it set up.

Ati DVI 1 -> hooked to regular LCD computer monitor
    Ati DVI 2 -> DVI to HDMI adapter -> HDMI port on Sharp

From what I've just googled, both the video and audio can travel through the HDMI cable only on the newer ATI cards because they have an internal audio processor. However I get no sound at all through the TV's speakers (I have no separate audio system). The picture and video work just fine, however no audio. Do I need to do something else? All these ports and cables are confusing.

Well if I can't set up the audio via the HDMI, how else can I get the audio from my PC to the HDTV? On the TV one of the HDMI ports has a left and right audio input (white and red RCA jacks).

Thanks for helping a noob HDTV owner.

Re: Need help with connecting PC to HDTV, mainly audio

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?p=12994200

That thread seems to say you need the special ATI dongle that allows audio through HDMI. I would think that a setting is also required in the ATI drivers or in Windows audio settings to use the correct output device.

If you want to use the RCA audio jacks, you can get a cable that connects to your sound card and hooks up to the RCA inputs. Radio Shack would probably have something like that.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Re: Need help with connecting PC to HDTV, mainly audio

Thank you Sarc. I needed the Realtek ATI HDMI driver. I installed that, set that as default device, cloned my tv, and now I have audio and video on the tv. Thanks again.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X