No announcement yet.

Anyone here ever used Adobe Fireworks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ever used Adobe Fireworks?

Hey guys,
    I do web design, but manly with CMS and/or hand code with dreamweaver or flash. One program I have but never used until this point is fireworks. I have it in CS3, but never really took any notice of it. That is, until I found stuff to export my comps to CSS. Has anyone here ever used it or now does?

Re: Anyone here ever used Adobe Fireworks?

I use Fireworks 8.0 I am trying to get better at Photoshop but I still find Fireworks much easier to use.

Comment

Fireworks is good at doing animated gifs. I believe we lost ImageReady in CS3, and Fireworks is it's replacement (at least for the time being). It is just another image editing software, not nearly as complex (or complicated?) as Photoshop.

Comment

They have very different purposes through, Fireworks is fantastic for creating vector graphics like logos, menus, buttons, or icons. It's mediocre at best for photo editing.

Comment

Right, the best is photoshop for direct image editing. I use it for web design mostly, I'm still learning the CSS export add-on. That being said, I really like it. As I said, I had never really used it, but after I did some looking into it I discovered just how cool of a tool it is. I'm really liking it!

I've heard good things about CS4 versions too. I really want to upgrade my version of FLASH from CS3 to CS4. The non-keyframe animation looks REALLY cool. Makes text animation easier.

Comment

It's also great for rapid prototyping of a site design.

Comment

Agreed, or UI design for that matter. The intra layer navigation can be used to set up pretty elaborate "working" UI mockups. Guy at work is quite a whiz with it and some of the stuff he does is pretty impressive.
              Do or do not, there is no try....
              -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

I am very interested in it potential for designing CSS layouts. That's why I'm learning the CSS export functions.

Comment

You could pick up the Adobe Creative Suite 4 Student's Edition for $400 from JourneyEd if you're a full-time college student.

What does the CSS export functions actually do? Do they generate the CSS markup for some UI you designed/animated in Photoshop?
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X