Dell 0GC375 upgrade and CPU

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell 0GC375 upgrade and CPU

I am currently running (and want to upgrade the mobo and cpu):

System model - Dell Inc. Dell DXG051

Processor - 3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium D, 16 kilobyte primary memory cache, 1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board - Board: Dell Inc. 0GC375, Bus Clock: 800 megahertz, BIOS: Dell Inc. A03 12/13/2005

Memory Module - 2046 Megabytes Installed Memory
    Slot 'DIMM_1' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'DIMM_3' is Empty
    Slot 'DIMM_2' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'DIMM_4' is Empty

Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+

Bus Adapter - NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA RAID Controller (2x)
    Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

I upgraded to the nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ and have been having nv4_disp errors, which I attempted to repair by removing the nVidia driver and application software, followed by latest driver downloads and reinstallation of the 9800 GTX+ card in the 2nd pcie slot along with the newest driver download for nVidia.

As i was changing the slots on the video card I noticed a section on the mobo in which the capacitors looked to be bulging from the top.

Also the mobo is going to end up being the bottleneck in the system in my attempt to increase fps and max graphics.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Re: Dell 0GC375 upgrade and CPU

try driver cleaner... run it in safe mode and wipe all the nvidia video drivers, then reboot and cancel the installing new hardware popup... then install the newest nvidia drivers, also... is your motherboard PCI-Express 2.0? i dont think it is, will that still work?