Q: Best 50-100 dollar USB headset?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q: Best 50-100 dollar USB headset?

Just wondering what the best headset to get would be in this price range which is USB. The reason I want to get a USB headset is mainly so I can use it with my PC and PS3, I also don't have a soundcard, only the onboard which comes with the 750i FTW.

I am an absolute noob when it comes to sound and don't really know the good brands. I'd also like something which lasts longer than my previous logitech which was only working for about a year although the mic part still works. Wearing the headset for the mic and earphones gets painful after a while lol.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Re: Q: Best 50-100 dollar USB headset?

I'm really pleased with my Plantronics DSP 500 headset. I know it was renamed and I'm not even sure if they still make it, but I wanted to throw it out there as an EXCELLENT headset. Great mic, great speakers for games/movies/general computing, and solidly built. I've had mine for a few years now and am very happy with it.

Here are the renamed DSP 500s: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106070

And here's what I would get if I were buying a new set right now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826265066

Plantronics has earned my loyalty in the cheap-but-quality headset department, that's for sure!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

get one of those. you cant go wrong with sennheiser:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ctronic%20corp.

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

I agree with CD. Plantronics DSP-500 was what I started with and as a side their customer service is VERY good.

Comment

None of Sennheiser's headsets work with PS3s afaik. The fact they have the 3.5mm jacks along with USB (sometimes) means the USB is just a converter to the jacks.

Too bad the Plantronics headset isn't available at any local stores and that it's $75.00 CAD -_- it's not even near proper exchange rates. Do you know if they work with consoles however?

Comment

Here is one of the plantronics headsets for 109. It looks pretty sick and with the 5.1 sound would be a big plus. it says it will work with a PS3 so.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...ts/gamecom-777
            |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
              Here is one of the plantronics headsets for 109. It looks pretty sick and with the 5.1 sound would be a big plus. it says it will work with a PS3 so.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...ts/gamecom-777
              It doesn't work with the PS3. If you looks closely at the compatibility list, you have to click the "Check Compatibility" button where it results in an incompatible response.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

It may still work with the PS3 actually, their compatible headsets are all blue tooth. USB headsets aren't really tested with the PS3 I believe as I know the Logitech I had was never meant to be supported but still worked. Oh well, the mic from my old headset still works so I can take the chance of the new headset working or not with the PS3. Anyone know if there is anywhere to get it locally around Coquitlam in BC? :p

Comment

I read an article here and they reviewed the headset and it did work with the PS3

http://www.platformnation.com/2008/0...t-impressions/
                  |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                    It may still work with the PS3 actually, their compatible headsets are all blue tooth. USB headsets aren't really tested with the PS3 I believe as I know the Logitech I had was never meant to be supported but still worked. Oh well, the mic from my old headset still works so I can take the chance of the new headset working or not with the PS3. Anyone know if there is anywhere to get it locally around Coquitlam in BC? :p
                    Untested Logitech headsets and Plantronics headsets stated as incompatible are quite different. I wouldn't gamble on it working if the site states the headset doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                      Untested Logitech headsets and Plantronics headsets stated as incompatible are quite different. I wouldn't gamble on it working if the site states the headset doesn't work.
                      I would.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        I would.
                        Why? Plantronics has already stated on their website that the headset doesn't work with the PS3. The review says it only works for game chat. Now, I'm not sure how practical it is to have giant earcups that only have voice chat while your speakers have game sound.

I'm not sure that's what the OP wants out of a headset for the PS3.

Comment

The headset is mostly for the PC and is a large plus if it works with the PS3. The PS3 only supports outputting voice into a headset and also mic input, the game sound still goes through the surround sound system.
                          Like I've said I can just use my old headset as the mic still works but then I need voice going out the surround along with game noise and it just doesn't fit in for me lol.

I'll probably be picking up the gamecompro1 headset as the CAD makes the 777 about $140-$150 after taxes and shipping.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X