Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop problem

two posts... two problems

my cousin has a gateway P 7811FX laptop, two weeks old. and let the battery fully drain last night. and now when it is plugged in, it wont charge, and when the power button is pressed, the battery light just blinks. she tried two different power cords, powering on with or without the battery, different outlets (the light on the brick is on anyway). im not there and cant be there until tomorrow but she has business crap to do, and would like to do it today. ive also had her unplug and take batt out to fully reset the computer.
    Last edited by Tonk; 01-10-2009, 02:05 PM.
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: laptop problem

another problem... another laptop... i have a 1 week old (fresh as fresh gets) install of vista x64 on my laptop (dell XPS m1710) and it idles at 45% cpu load (2.33 core 2 duo)... i dont expect this from a fresh install... i can kill one of the SVChost and a wmiPrvSE .... both eating 20% and it has a normal idle of 2%.... why the heck is that happening

the hungry svchost is running : application experience, background intelligent transfer server, certificate propagation, computer browser, extensible authentication protocol, ike and authIP IP sec keying, ip helper, multimedia class scheduler, remote access connection manager, secondary logon, server, shell hardware detection, system event notification service, task manager, theams, user profile service, windows update, windows managment instrumentation

the hungry wmiPrvSE is running under an svchost (not cpu active) that is running DCOMserver process launcher, and plug and play

oh and 13 svchost.exe is a little over the top dont you think?