CPU Overheating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Overheating

Today, I went to move my newly build computer over to my desk, when on startup it would start to load the OS, then immediately turn off. I tried that twice then headed to the BIOS, where I got an error that the CPU was overheating. So I removed the side panel and felt no heat. All the fans in my Antec 900 turn on as well as the CPU fan. The oddest thing was that it worked last night. The only thing that has changed is it's location! Any help would be great.

Re: CPU Overheating

Reseat your CPU heatsink and fan.

Comment

If it is overheating that quickly it sounds like the cooler may not be mated to it properly.

Comment

If it's using the Intel Push pin, set them in diagonally. One corner, then the opposite corner. My went to a hundred degrees since it wasn't seated evenly.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

When you reseat your CPU HSF, check to make sure none of the thermal paste spilled over the sides.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I used everest to make sure my overheating was from cpu, really useful if you are able to make it into desktop before crash (and turn it on). Shows temperatures, fan speed etc. without need to enter bios. (30 day trial)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...-Edition.shtml

Comment

Doesn't even make it that far. One of the pins was being a bugger when I shifted the machine to the desk. All fixed. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X