Question 'Bout Keyboard Error!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question 'Bout Keyboard Error!

Ok...a friend of mine....his computer when booting up displays an error about the keyboard being not hooked in....but this keyboard is hooked up....then the screen turns black and counts down from 15 and reboots....after this the computer works fine...when he feels like it is time to get off and shut down...he gets outta cs and the comp freezes with that keyboard error on the screen and has to manualy shutdown....He is using an USB Keyboard......if there is anyone out there that knows what is going on...please help me out here
    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Re: Question 'Bout Keyboard Error!

Sometimes when it's cold, my keyboard does the same thing.. Maybe it gets warmed up on the 2nd try?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Maybe check the BIOS (system setup) for a "USB support for legacy devices" or something like that, and make sure it's enabled.

Comment

Well, i still dont know what the temp of the thing matters.....my brother is using the same setup and his is working fine....and yeah the bios settings all enable it to work. But what gets me....is after the first start up it works, but i dont know why it would freeze after exiting a game.....i looked and looked into it.... i was looking it over in my A+ books last night.....its just got me....i appreciate the advice guys...if anyone else can try and determine the cause i would appreciate it...
        Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Without a real helpful answer here...but I would try another keyboard and try to isolate it to a problem with the device or the hookup/controller. One of those has got to be the culprit.

Comment

thanx for your replies rampage....ill see what i can do for him...i dont believe how fast i get ansers on here....thanks guys

Comment

I know the answer to that; it is a POWER SUPPLY problem. The power supply is getting old and need time to accumulate what the computer need to work properly. I don't know why, but the firsts symptoms are often problem with cold boot and USB or PS2. Change the power supply for a bigger one, it will probably fix the problem forever.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X