Windows 7 = Bigger FAIL than Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 = Bigger FAIL than Vista

Hay guys, my decided he'd like to try out windows 7 on this computer so he went about installing it. i took him 4 days to actual get it installed and running then we started re installing everything. apparently in my CoD4 absence PB updated and added a few thing. upon entering ANY servers in CoD4 i get kicked for "RESTRICTION: Unknown Windows API Function[131131] After getting banned from many servers and nearly pulling all my hair out i look further into the error. turns out PB doesn't "Agree" with WIn 7 and kicks anyone using it. downgrading isn't going to happen so says my father, and the only other way ill be able to join you guys is if PB fixes the annoyance.

So until then,
    |TG|Reaper

Re: Windows 7 = Bigger FAIL than Vista

So you tried a beta version of a new operating system and it didn't work properly? Shocking! And what exactly is wrong with Vista again?
    sigpic

Comment

Have you tried contacting PB directly about your problem? There are Windows 7 users playing on PB servers without issues.

Comment

Vistas ok just has too many bugs, and i believe they are trying to hard to remove the Vista name by releasing another version slightly different with a different name

Comment

Yeah, Ive talked to them, created many tickets, and they said either downgrade or they may fix it eventually.

Comment

So, until the imposable happens, Kill a few in the S&D server for me ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
              So you tried a beta version of a new operating system and it didn't work properly? Shocking!
              QFT, this is what creating separate partitions is for.

Comment

I'm staying with XP. It works and has the bugs worked out already. If you like a different look, install window blinds.
                sigpic

Comment

Vista Seems to work fine on my (and a gazillion other users) end...
                  But Win 7 has been getting nothing but praise from those who are looking at the BETA.. So if flaky PunkBuster doesn't work..it's up to either PunkBuster to fix their stuff for Win 7 Beta (But why should they?) or the end user to figure out why it works for some and not the user...
                  Hell..I have PB fail on XP Pro...
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                    Hell..I have PB fail on XP Pro...
                    That's cause PB smells fail. Im pretty sure its causes more problems to the honest players than to the dirty cheaters.

I've always had issues with PB...

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                    The BigC

Comment

Um running in compatibility mode for Vista or XP should fix that PB problem.

Comment

I installed Windows 7 Beta, besides PunkBuster not working on PR I had no other problems. EvenBalance claims they will not support a beta operating system till it is out of beta and being sold retail. So much MS could change by the time retail is released that they could be working to fix the PB problem only to need to fix it again soon after.

BUT Windows 7 Beta is definitely a lot better than Vista as far as performance is going. As far as PB goes, a lot of people are able to play CoD4 with no problems once they set the compatibility of the PnkBstrA.exe and the PnkBstrB.exe to run as Windows XP SP2 and also to run as administrator. It just won't work for BF2 and PR from all I have read.
                        for now I uninstalled Windows 7 Beta so I could get a little bit of gaming time in before sending parts back for RMA.

Comment

WTH!? The OP acts like Win7 is a finished, retail OS?

Interestingly, the reports I am hearing are consistent with msdz's observations. Many others are having little or no problems with Win7 and so far, nothing unexpected.

Install I hear is taking less than 15 minutes typically (some have said 5).
                          Vista Drivers are apparently meshing right in to Win7.
                          Many beta testers are experiencing higher frame-rates in game.

Not bad for a beta. Trolling perhaps?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperga View Post
                            Vistas ok just has too many bugs, and i believe they are trying to hard to remove the Vista name by releasing another version slightly different with a different name
                            Its funny that you says Windows 7 BETA is fail and yet just doing a little searching before I installed Windows 7, I came to understand COD4 PB doesnt like Win7. Also, I have been running Vista on a seperate partition, much like some here have recommended, and I have no bugs.
                            The point I am trying to make is, too many people do not do their proper homework or research before running out into the wild blue yonder. Vista is not a buggy OS, but its not a Mac either. One must do some research, get the proper drivers and properly understand what it is.
                            Win7 is a beta OS that is not fully supported by all programs. I am sure by the time of its commercial release, that COD4 and just about every other program out there for windows OS, will work properly.
                            In conclusion, educate yourself before making such a huge leap. Personally, I read up on Win7 for several days in multiple forums before getting rid of my XP partition and understood what was and wasnt going to work.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

PB in general doesn't like Windows 7.

And I installed Vista recently and I love it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X