Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting from my new netbook

This post is from my new netbook!

I got a Asus 904HA w/ upgraded 2g ram. This thing is sweet.

Too bad I bought this for my wife! :)

I installed FireFox, Avira and OpenOffice.

I uninstalled all the crap that came with it.

Re: Posting from my new netbook

Nice. You should think about getting one for yourself. You wouldn't regret the great battery life (6-cell version) and the compact lightweight machine. ;)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah, but I've got a laptop and 2 desktops. When would I find the time to use yet another computer? I got her the 6 cell version (up to 7 hrs battery life!)

Comment

She won't get 7 hours battery life. At most she would get 5.5 hours while she's using it. Otherwise if left on standby, the battery could hold the system in suspend for over a week.

Well, then I guess you don't need another portable. Unless you just like technology, then you could always get one to have Linux to mess around with. :)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have a desktop, 17" laptop, mini9, and sony UX. I use them all for different things.

the desktop is for photo / video editing (finally)
          the laptop is the workhorse
          the mini9 is for mobility around the house / office (and yes, I went on vacation with my mini and did not charge it for 5 days. I used it for a total of about 6 hrs, and had 18% left - I have it set to hibernate on closing the lid)
          and the UX is for in the car, recording and broadcasting video/audio, a backup computer for the laptop or desktop, and remote control for all of the others and the 12 or 15 others that I admin.

you can find uses for all of them, even though 1 or 2 COULD do everything... but why would you want just 2.... I still want a sony p series and a kojinsha (sp) subnotebook.... and one more quad core desktop... and an htpc for the livingroom.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

The Mini12 from what I've seen of its specs on Dell's website might actually give you 6-7 hours of continuous use since they used the new GMA500 integrated low-power chipset rather than the GMA950 chipset.

So that's a viable alternative to the ASUS 904HA if you wanted something for longer than 5 hours.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X