P4 Motherboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4 Motherboard

I'm looking for a P4 motherboard that supports SATA. Unable to locate one this side of China (do not want a mATX board).

I also found an extension that allows you to use a 478pin cpu in a 775 mobo, that would give me lots of choices but have never heard of anyone using the device.

Any help would be appreciated as I really want to maintain my 3.2 HT comp. I'm also looking to upgrade the gpu to a HD3850 which supports DirX10 in an agp format.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Re: P4 Motherboard

Why not just get a SATA PCI add-in card? Like this one.

I'm sorry, I can't read Chinese beyond a few simple characters, so I couldn't find a similar product on NewEgg China for you.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...09907&name=478

EDIT: woops those are both micro, that might be your only option for such an outdated chipset. why do you want to maintain such an old system?
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I can tell you that your best bet is trying some used computer store or getting some old boards from places listed in PriceWatch.

Other than that, you'll have a hard time finding a full-ATX 478-pin mobo. I've already tried looking for months now and I just keep seeing old and somewhat new mATX stock.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've found a few boards on eBay but they are either Canadian or Chinese and I'm leery of using their service outside the US. Plus, its kinda just for fun and it'll give me a backup my son can use that's capable of gaming.

I have an add-on card already but for some reason I can't get the proper drivers on floppy to load. Or I don't have the proper driver to start with. Its a Sabrent 2 port raid card with disc but when I try to make a floppy of the driver from cd it doesn't load.

Its not entirely true I can't find a US board, I just don't want to spend over 200 for the board, actually I don't want to spend more than 60 for a board.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I have an add-in PCI card that cost like $20 from newegg, and I used it on my old 478 board, running a Raptor drive.

This is the one I got:
            http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815124020

Decent reviews.

I have also seen those adapter sockets for the CPU, and the only review I could find at the time said it didn't work very well.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

So that would be an option to pick up a new Sata controller that comes with the floppy. I have to admit tho that an Asus P4P800 Deluxe still looks really good. The goal here is to use Sata instead of IDE drives. I've already pulled the IDE drives for another system and was looking to try and see how much I could get out of the P4 with Vista and 4 gigs of ram.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                So that would be an option to pick up a new Sata controller that comes with the floppy. I have to admit tho that an Asus P4P800 Deluxe still looks really good. The goal here is to use Sata instead of IDE drives. I've already pulled the IDE drives for another system and was looking to try and see how much I could get out of the P4 with Vista and 4 gigs of ram.
                that is just setting your self up for disappointment, P4/rest of your system = old = not good for vista
                Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X