New Mic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mic

While today when i was playing pr my mic suddenly died. it went static then plugged it back in and it died. so basically now i am stuck with a headset with no mic. Useless. It was a plantronics gamecom 1. I like that style of headeset and it felt great and loved it. What is the usual lifespan of a mic. I bought this one in october of 07 and it just died. is that a normal lifespan of a mic. the one before that lasted about the same ammt of time. I dont beat my headset. i just set it down on my desk when i am done with it. Are there any ideas to fix a broken mic or do i just need to go out and buy a new one.

Now I need recommendations on what headset to get if i cant fix this one. I dont want something big. I was a good qualitry one and dont wanna spend over $100 i would like to spend around 50. Thanks for the help
    |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Re: New Mic

Contact Plantronics. I started off with a DSP-500 (which is basically what the GameCom Pro 1 is) and had it replaced several times. With 2 kids at the time mine usually made it 10-11 months before the fatal drop breaking them.

This last time my DSP-500s were out of the one year warranty. Plantronics said they would replace them for $40. I just about went that route but Circuit City happened to have the GameCom Pro 1 on sale for $29.99 (this was several months ago) so I snagged one.

Otherwise, for the quality and comfort, it's probably just as cheap to pay Plantronics $40 to replace them. You can't find a more comfortable headset for $40.

Comment

If it's just a loose connection or broken copper wires, you could probably fix it provided you have steady hands/fingers and good eyes (something my dad would do).

You could probably just get a cheap desktop analog microphone to use until you replace your headset.

As for how long they last, it really depends. I've had my Logitech desktop analog microphone for over 5 years and it's been through two moves (home to dorm and back) and three computer systems. Typically I'm careful not to bend the wire especially at each endpoint.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I dont think it is a loose connection because the phone rang i took my hs of and set it on my desk when i came back it is all staticy and stuff. i will look into pulling it apart bit it doesnt seem like it will come apart. i have been looking on newegg and have came to these choices
        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826265065
        |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

I'd probably go with the $20 Gamecom1.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

ok thats the ne that i had before any other ppls thoughts
            |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse