Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Recovery Software Roundup -- Don Your Detective Cap and Find Your Missing Data!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Recovery Software Roundup -- Don Your Detective Cap and Find Your Missing Data!

A program that recovers lost data can come in handy once in a while, and this review looks at a lot of different ones, including some free ones.

Piriform Recuva was the best of the free, and scored a 7 out of 10.

Data Recovery Software Roundup -- Don Your Detective Cap and Find Your Missing Data!

Every program in our roundup had no problem running in Vista 64-bit

Bottom line:

On the freebie side of the fence, we were most impressed with Piriform's Recuva. The easy-to-follow prompts ensure panicked and inexperienced users will never feel overwhelmed, and the advanced options, including file previews, separate Recuva from the competition.

Looking at the paid programs, we give the slight edge to Quetek's File Scavenger. Both File Scavenger and Handy Recovery take data restoration to new heights with better scanning and by adding some options not found in any of the freebie apps, but File Scavenger's ability to reconstruct RAID arrays gives it added value. File Scavenger was also the only program in our roundup to correctly identify a file's original name and location after it had been deleted from a non-OS partition, rather than by the cryptic file name the Recycle Bin applies to deleted files. This has the potential to save you a ton of time if you're searching for a specific file.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Data Recovery Software Roundup -- Don Your Detective Cap and Find Your Missing Da

I haven't tried Recuva after downloading it the other day. I'm hoping it's more useful than the PhotoRec program I've used in the past for recovering photos.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: Data Recovery Software Roundup -- Don Your Detective Cap and Find Your Missing Da

Few weeks ago I have lost my data from my windows hard drive. I have used Stellar Phoenix Windows data recovery software to recover my lost data.This file recovery software is very easy to use and recover your lost,deleted or corrupted data. This software supports more than 300 file types file.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X