Update on my G7 Mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my G7 Mouse

Just thought, I'd post about my G7 replacement.

I just got off the phone with Logitech and they would only be able to replace my G7 if I faxed in my receipt. Seeing how I haven't found my receipt (pretty sure I tossed it), the best they could do is give me 30%-50% off of a new one. That works out to be $40 - $56 + $10 (shipping receiver back to them). I could easily get a new G7 off of Amazon for $50. So if I can't get a copy of the invoice from BestBuy, I'm just going to look at other alternatives.

Also, they looked up my mouse's part number and serial and told me that even though I may have bought my brand new 2.5 years ago, my Carbon Black G7 was produced over 4 years ago. They tech guy even confirmed that they had the mice produced well before releasing them to the public.

That practice sounds very fishy to me, as if they don't want end users/customers to make use of their 3 year limited warranty.

So that's it from my end, going to look through my documents cabinet to see if I can find that darn receipt.

Oh, and from now on, I'm buying online any peripherals. That way if I lose my receipt, I still have a electronic copy of it.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Update on my G7 Mouse

Maybe you could buy a new G7 and use that receipt for the old one. Then you'll have two awesome mice. :D

Logitech used to be really good with warranties. They used to only check the serial then do the replacement. The stupid part is they never asked for the old part back so people abused it for free hardware.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I don't see it being an issue asking for an invoice. Considering they're sending you a free mouse, I'd at least want to see an invoice before giving one up. Could you imagine the amount of money shoved out the door just in "replacements" if Logitech didn't require an invoice?
      Easy solution, keep all of your invoices. I've got a binder dedicated to just invoices, and it's really saved my rear multiple times.
      As for the warranty situation with Logitech, they're still the easiest company I've had to deal with, and will easily replace your components without much of a fuss.
      It's Gaming
      Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Scan all your invoices as well as keeping the originals in a safe place.

On a side note, it doesn't make a difference if the mouse was manufactured 4 years ago. The warranty is from date of purchase. (That is if you purchased it from an authorized reseller, which BestBuy certainly is)

Comment

I'm not fighting Logitech over the need for an invoice. I'm just saying that I'm still looking for my receipt.

If I did toss it out, then it was my own fault. For some products, I don't bother keeping a receipt around since the likelyhood of that product breaking on me is nill.

Hopefully I can find the receipt. If not, well this mouse will get used until the double-click issue is constant or the thing just fails.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Tried this?

http://www.robotification.com/compon...ble-click.html

I had a double clicking issue once, but it was with my old MS intellipoint, someone made a quick app that fixed the issue, and all you had to do was launch the app, and problem was solved. I was trying to search for one for the G7 issue.

Comment

By any chance did you purchase this with your Best Buy Rewards card?
              I have had issues in the past with no receipt and taken it into BB them and they replace without a receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                So if I can't get a copy of the invoice from BestBuy, I'm just going to look at other alternatives.
                If you purchased with a credit card then BB should be able to easily pull up a receipt for you. I've had to do that in the past.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
                  By any chance did you purchase this with your Best Buy Rewards card?
                  I have had issues in the past with no receipt and taken it into BB them and they replace without a receipt.
                  Err, I never bought the BB warranty for the mouse. Plus I bought this mouse about 2.5 years ago and I don't think they offered anything beyond 2 years for their peripheral warranties at the time.

Originally posted by asch View Post
                  If you purchased with a credit card then BB should be able to easily pull up a receipt for you. I've had to do that in the past.
                  Well, the problem is that I bought it using my old US Bank debit card. I've since closed that account and switched to a different bank. I may still have my old card.

Originally posted by UnDead77
                  Tried this?

http://www.robotification.com/compon...ble-click.html

I had a double clicking issue once, but it was with my old MS intellipoint, someone made a quick app that fixed the issue, and all you had to do was launch the app, and problem was solved. I was trying to search for one for the G7 issue.
                  Nope. I might if I can't find/get the receipt/invoice. :) Although the author seems to have to clean his often (every few weeks).

I wish I could +rep you since those instructions are a lot more detailed than others that I've found (he mentions "switches" among other things).
                  Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 01-21-2009, 09:49 PM.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Glad I bought mine through newegg, I was actually thinking of getting me another one cause of the problem you spoke of having is really effecting my G7 now. I can't do anything with the right mouse button double or triple clicking. I should blame myself for reading your original post about your double clicking G7.
                    Still it is a shame the G7's can't be taken apart without voiding a warranty, I am sure that it just needs a good thorough cleaning inside.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X