p16-0-3-1.r21.dllstx09.us.bb.verio.net

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p16-0-3-1.r21.dllstx09.us.bb.verio.net

Can anyone hazard a guess or give a simple explanation why I never have less than 50% (and frequently 80 - 100%) packet loss through this one hop alone and is there anything I can do about it? The internet itself is continually ruining gaming online. Thanks...

Re: p16-0-3-1.r21.dllstx09.us.bb.verio.net

Depends on which hop it's happening at.
    If it's within your ISP's network (ie if you have this problematic hop no matter where on the net you go) then you need to jump on, and stay on, their case.
    Use a program like PingPlotter to trace some routes. It will let you copy and save the information as a text file AND as a graphical file. Hard to ignore proof.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

I'm in Western Canada, occasionally I'll have minor problems within my ISP's network but verio.net and The Planet are consistently the worst. Here's my connection looking good comparatively:

...and not so good:

Comment

So you're tracing TG CS:S server 1.
        Run some other traces to the winfiles.com and tucows.com addresses in the program, also run some to www.pcpitstop.com
        Set the delay up to about 20 or 30 seconds and include about 10 samples.
        Trace your ISP's DNS servers too. (they will probably be in your router's status page)
        Try to pin down all the first hops that you always use no matter where you go, those will be you ISP hops. If there's an issue there it will affect others.
        It's pretty obvious so far that there's some issue with the (probably) router whose name you titled the thread after.
        Looks like shawcable.net is your deal but if they consistantly route through that router then they may still be able to help you. That particular router is only the second hop after shawcable.net on the traces you're showing here.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Comment

Thanks a lot Scooper!

Comment

No sweat, did I help...? lol
            Let us know if you get some resolution to your problem. :)

[tg-c1][conduct]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...