X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy Takes Recycling Program Nationwide

This is good news.

Best Buy Takes Recycling Program Nationwide

I live in a county that offers no electronic recycling but I have 2 bestbuys nearby. I hope all of you will make sure your tech stuff ends up somewhere other than the landfill. :icon17:

The program enables consumers to bring in up to two consumer electronics items per day for recycling at any Best Buy location. Best Buy will charge $10 for recycling items with screens (like televisions, monitors, and laptop displays, but customers immediately get a $10 Best Buy gift card when they pay the recycling fee.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Best Buy Takes Recycling Program Nationwide

Hmm Seems like they take only Monitors and such.. any idea if they take old computers?? Or is it that IF it has a screen it will cost ya $10..but you get a gift card to off set the cost... all else is free??
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I had a whole mess of ancient hard drives, motherboards, etc I had to get rid of last year. Best Buy wouldn't take them, and neither would anyone else in town that I could find. So against my own conscience, I ended up throwing them away. I guess they would take that stuff now?
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

The way I read it is that everything is free but monitors, since they have some really nasty stuff in them probably.

BestBuy did a recycle day in Washington DC a while back and I took a good part of a pickup truck load of everything TVs/Monitors/CPUs that I had gotten out of my Apt. complex dumpster. I had saved them up till I could figure out how to get them recycled so they didn't end up in the landfill. And it was all free.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X