starting bf2 without cd.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting bf2 without cd.

I had my bf2 set up to start without using the cd. I had downloaded a mirror of bf2 and used Dameon tools to mount it. It worked fine until I downloaded new version of PR(085). Now when I point Dameon tools to my file I get this message
    unable to mount image file not accessible.
    I am trying to figure out what has changed.I understand that this is not an illegal function to do, I just don't want to wear my disc out.

Re: starting bf2 without cd.

Did you update Daemon Tools? I know they released a new version recently.

You might want to check to make sure the image file's properties isn't set to "Read Only" or "Hidden". Those two options under properties should have no green squares or checkmarks (should be unselected).

Also try enabling all emulation options.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I actually just started running without CD since PR(085) released, and works fine for me.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Im doing the same thing and i didnt have to change anything after updating to .85, my old setup worked just fine on the first try

Comment

I have uninstallerd and reinstalled Daemon tools and downloaded a new mirror of cd and it still won't work. I am getting this message
          unable to mount image file not accessible.
          I have gone back to version 3.47 and it still won't let me start game.
          In reply to not using cd to start pr when I click icon it asks for disc.

Comment

sounds like you have protection going maybe on the folder you're downloading too. Try moving your image file to another location or try another completely different image.

- -

Comment

Are you mounting the rite file?

Make sure you are mounting the bin file, Just clicked show all files, change the filter in the file choosing dialog to show all files, and mounted the .BIN directly.

It should work.
              sigpic
              "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

I use the image listed on GCW, works fine for me, it's an mdf/mds format.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X