Turning off PC issues!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off PC issues!!

Ok guys any help with this would be great. Over the past few days I've noticed that I have to click turn off computer twice before it will actually turn off. The only new thing I have done to my pc is install the new Project Reality patch & thats it. I'm running Windows XP SP2.

Re: Turning off PC issues!!

If "turn off computer twice" means having to do Start > Turn Off Computer > Turn Off Computer twice, then have you tried disabling your software firewall and anti-virus before shutting down?

Sometimes some of these programs interfere with Windows.

Is there a reason why you haven't installed SP3?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yes I have to go to start then shut down twice before my pc turns off. Why would my firewall & virus protection just start doing that? No real reason why I haven't installed SP3

Comment

Might be a good idea to get SP3 installed. There might be a off-chance that SP3 corrects this issue.

Have you done a complete virus and spyware scan? Perhaps there is a virus on your system causing this issue?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Might be a good idea to get SP3 installed. There might be a off-chance that SP3 corrects this issue.

Have you done a complete virus and spyware scan? Perhaps there is a virus on your system causing this issue?
          I second this. Install SP3 and see if it resolves the issue. If not, take the next steps in spyware and virus scanning.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Ok I found out what the problem was. I installed a new version of myspace IM the other day & forgot I did. This was causing the double turn off issue. I ended the process with the task manager and my pc turned off in one try, so I uninstalled it & my pc turns off in one try now. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X