Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to automatically wake computer from sleep mode?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to automatically wake computer from sleep mode?

I currently have my laptop set to go into sleep mode when not in use. I'd like to set my virus scanner and windows update to run in the middle of the night. Is there a way to have either of those two functions wake the laptop from sleep mode or have the laptop automatically wake at a certain time?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: How to automatically wake computer from sleep mode?

I know most systems support a wake-time setting in the BIOS, at that deep of a level. However, some scanners (like Spybot) support waking the computer to scan by integrating with the task scheduler. It just depends on if the OS will agree with the hardware to do so.

I somewhat remember using the scheduler to check a box stating "wake this computer to run this task".

If I find an answer before someone else does, I'll post it.
    Last edited by Spulat; 01-27-2009, 12:21 PM. Reason: Found it in Win7/Vista. Oops
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Look at your Power Options settings in your Control Panel. There should be a drop down list (or something similar) for you to set the event that will wake your system.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

In the task scheduler, under conditions, there is a "Wake the computer to run this task" check box in vista
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Here the complete guide to sleep mode:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...-problems.html

Comment

Thanks fellas. I'll look into these options.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...