Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has Windows 7 64 Bit running with Punkbuster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has Windows 7 64 Bit running with Punkbuster?

Who has win 7 64 bit installed and BF2 PR working with no problems?

:row__683:
    sigpic
    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Re: Who has Windows 7 64 Bit

I don't think anyone does because of punkbuster

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Bam that's why I started this just to see, I am aware that Punkbuster wont support a Bete o/s just getting feedback mate cheers.
      sigpic
      "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

just to check you have run both PBsetup and PBsvc right?
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Re: Who has Windows 7 64 Bit running with Punkbuster?

I'm working on the very same issue, and will report any success I have. Reaper posted his tip in the Windows 7 Beta thread. So far, I have tried various things and I'm still not 100%

PBsvc fixed the lion's share of the problem. After all the fixed I did last night I tried again, and got a "please insert 2142 disc blah blah blah". So. Maybe I'll work on it more later, or tomorrow, or next week, or never.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

people reporting limited sucess here:
            http://msmvps.com/blogs/brianmadsen/...uster-fix.aspx
            i've tried a couple things but no luck for me so far

Comment

I Am experiencing the same problems. I was able to play battlefield 2 without any problems before i install the 1.41 patch. Sfter installing the patch i can't join or get booted seconds later. Also is anyone else experiencing problems with installing all of the expansion packs?

Comment

Update: I just tried COD: World at War, and after initially getting kicked with a PB INIT Failure or something like that, all I did was manually update punkbuster using their setup tool, and I hopped back on the same server and was able to play for about 20 minutes without getting kicked.

I was able to get COD4 running without any punkbuster issues so far. I have no idea if this works in all punkbuster games. Someone with BF2 installed, please give this a shot and let us know if it works.

I followed the directions from this person....

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/50...uster-fix.html

and so far had success. I was playing on one server for a couple of hours and did not get kicked once.

Basically follow the directions in the link Mr.McFeelme provided. You have to go into Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and find the PnkBstrA service. Right click, and select properties. Now click on the Log On tab and select the box that says Allow service to interact with desktop and click ok.

Note: You may have to do this every time your computer is restarted (or even the game perhaps. I forgot to check). I restarted my comp and that box was not selected.

Now after that go into C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Find the PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB apps. For each of these, right click, select properties. Click on the compatibility tab and select the box that says Run this program as an administrator. Click ok.

Last edited by jmaker; 05-29-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                  After all the fixed I did last night I tried again, and got a "please insert 2142 disc blah blah blah".

Could this be a safedisc issue ?

Maybe it does not run under W7 ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X