Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a question about purchasing FRAPS. (and other questions)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a question about purchasing FRAPS. (and other questions)

Alright here is the deal (no, I don't want it for free). I don't have my own Paypal account due to the fact I don't have a credit card. Anyway I'm going to have my dad purchase it for me. My question is (I live in a dorm out of my hometown at college), when you purchase FRAPS do you make an account and if you do can I download FRAPS to my computer if my dad purchased it from his computer?

As a subquestion, to those who use FRAPS. How good is it? I've used the demo version, but how does it perform if you are recording over extended periods?

Edit: Another question to anyone who has tried multiple game recording programs. Of them all, which one is better?
    sigpic

Re: Have a question about purchasing FRAPS. (and other questions)

If you purchase FRAPS you make an account and you can download it to any computer you want. I have FRAPS and it works great for me, but there are a number of good game capture programs out there. Some guys use wegame or other ones. I consider Exploding Silver one of the TG resident experts on the subject. Here is one of his threads discussing the topic. There are other threads in the "Video Production" Forum where my link will take you. I am sure other people will add their thoughts to your post here as well.

Comment

I wouldn't be able to tell you how good the full version of FRAPS is since I've only used their trial version. It's not bad, pretty simple interface, and fairly easy recording.

I've tried several others, including WeGame and Taksi (open source). I've found that I like WeGame the best since it allows you to save videos in uncompressed AVI format and is free.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I"ve tried WeGame. I liked it for the most part, but my soundcard doesn't have that subprogram that WeGame required for recording sound directly from the game. It would be good for recording commentary though as I would speak and it would record whatever I said. Other parts that annoyed me about it though was that I was having a lot of problems using WeGame with games that it said were compatible. Like FEAR and Sins of a Solar Empire. The free thing is a huge bonus though.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm very happy with my fraps. love having in game fps counter and as long as you have HDD space it will record forever.
          Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I love FRAPS. It works perfectly! And is SUPER user friendly and FREE updates!

Comment

Well from what I've seen and tried out, FRAPS is probably what I'll be getting. It also helps that I can't record sound with the other ones. I use a Laptop and the built in soundcard apparently doesn't support whatever the other programs require to record sound. FRAPS is the only one that can record sound without recording it from my Laptop's microphone. Anyway thanks everyone for taking the time to read this thread, if you have any other things that I may want to know then feel free to post them here, I'll check this thread regularly probably.

Thanks jb4 for answering me so quickly at the start. Thanks again everyone.
              Last edited by Jetheren; 01-29-2009, 09:37 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jetheren View Post
                As a subquestion, to those who use FRAPS. How good is it? I've used the demo version, but how does it perform if you are recording over extended periods?

Edit: Another question to anyone who has tried multiple game recording programs. Of them all, which one is better?
                Personally, I like FRAPS much better than Xfire or Wegame. I lag in Wegame and Xfire whereas fraps records quite smoothly for me. It records well to my E-sata external for several minutes at a time at 1680x1050 (1.2 GB of data for a minute or so). I like that you can also take screenshots.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X