Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you installing Win7 32bit instead of 64bit? Why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you installing Win7 32bit instead of 64bit? Why?

I'm curious if anyone is planning on or has already installed Win7 32bit instead of opting for the 64bit version? Any particular reasons you didn't want to go 64bit?
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Are you installing Win7 32bit instead of 64bit? Why?

i didnt install 32 bit, i installed 64 bit on my laptop that has 4gb ram, i installed it while i still had 2gb before my ram came in the mail, it ran fast before, and faster now... i am indecisive about installing on my desktop because i dont want to partition my desktop drives, i upgraded win7 over my 64bit vista on my laptop, without any problems... other than it took a lil while longer than a normal install because fo the upgrade vs install

i havent had a single problem yet, all the improvements i have seen have been great improvements on things i didnt think needed improving, but in the end like better anyway
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I just took the plunge and upgraded my Vista install to 32bit Windows 7. I'm loving it.

This is how Vista should have been two years ago.

Didn't go with 64bit as I'm still at 2GB of RAM, and haven't heard of any advantages other than 4GB+ of addressing space. Most games and apps still lack 64bit binaries, and drivers for older devices are generally a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Satertek View Post
        Most games and apps still lack 64bit binaries, and drivers for older devices are generally a pain.
        First part is true, thought that is changing.
        Second part is true, but how old are the devices you are using. Most of the even 32 bit ones still don't like Vista/7 because they haven't been updated in a few years, so the 32/64 doesn't matter as much. What hardware are you talking about?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I have both installed...I love playing....guess I have to much time on my hands lol.
          sigpic
          "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

I bought a brand new laptop and out of the box I did a fresh install of Windows 7 on it. I wish it was the retail version already and of course I am running the 64 bit version. so far all is going good, no problems at all on the new laptop with Windows 7 Beta installed. Of course I have 4Gb of RAM as well but not a good graphics card. I have onboard Intel graphics so can't do much gaming(as far as I know, haven't tried) so that was the reason why I chose to put Windows 7 Beta on the laptop and try it out. I also know Windows 7 Beta isn't being supported by PunkBuster yet so no need to get in a hurry to try any gaming. Still 64 bit is the way to go now.

Comment

I got both 64 and 32. I wanted to try it on my ux, which is still a core solo (will be upgrading it to a c2d before it's over) and my mini9 is the n270 atom - also 32bit.

my 1720 though will run the x64 version
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I put 32 on my old computer, since it is an Intel p4, and not 64 ready. I wasn't really happy with the performance, like I said in the other post, and was thinking it was the HD. So I clicked on the Windows Rating and my HD scores like 1.4. Everything else is like high 4's and 5's.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'm going to install x86 version on my netbook simply because the Atom N270 is a 32-bit CPU and does not have the x86-64 extension support.

I won't be running Win7 x64 on the other desktops since it's still in Beta and neither of the other two behind me have more than 1 GB of RAM.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X